1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So the Smegs are coming to America again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SmeggySmeg, Mar 20, 2011.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

We have started planning our next overseas trip to the USA, at this stage for January/February 2012, sure its a fair way off but what the heck something this cool helps the weeks role by.

Planning to fly into LA in mid January and out of LA at the end of February, with myself, Mrs Smeg and Little Miss Smeg Jnr, who will be 4 and half by then.

To date we are thinking of going straight to Orlando and getting Disney done, then head up the North-East and take in New York, DC and Boston......

After this we are little less certain, but on the list are Boulder (my cousin is a associate professor at the uni there), Houston and then maybe drive from San Diego up to San Fran, maybe Sacramento to see some friends and via Yosemite.......

like to do some driving and take in some smaller towns....

so my thoughts are who wants to catch-up?

some suggestions of things to do etc for both adults and kids in those places?

what's the deal with getting tickets to see college ball?

have enjoyed NHL before live so will see some of that

and who the frick knows what will happen with NBA and NFL, which is bugger as love to see the rockets live and am yet to see a NFL live.

peace out

Smeg

1 person likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As it will be jan/feb not exactly the best months unless you just love love love the cold. Even for your Yosemite idea, just keep in mind he weather may get dicey.

Have you done Florida? Not that it's all that, but again given that it's winter, you could get a Disney in Orlando, check out Miami and hit they keys.

If weather wasn't an issue I'd ask if you'd checked out the PNW yet, but it really truly is overcast and gray consistently that time of year.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

East coast Canadian tour?

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

As always, the Smegs have a place to stay at the Behad house. You gotta check out the new game room

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nice...I'll love to meet up. Perhaps a drive to Lexington or Lockhart for some good ole' TX bbq on a weekend.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude, you might want to consider doing Disney last. Have you noticed who is hosting the NBA All-Star game in 2012. Orlando.

I bet a lot of cf.net'rs would join you for All-Star weekend.

As for Boulder, why didn't you tell me you have a cousin here? I might be living somewhere else by then (Boston or Germany), but I'll probably be keeping my place here. You would have a place to stay, if so. If not, get a cabin in Chautauqua Park...they are cheap in off season. In the middle of town against the flatirons. Walking distance to CU.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

310 Morning Glory used to be in my family. Great place to vacate.

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I'd definitely meet up.

11. heypartner

nice!

but "Great place to vacate" you mean "to vacation" or "vacate to" ;)

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

The former. My family spent Christmas of 1974 there. We got six inches of snow on Christmas Eve. Quite a treat for a bunch of Texans.

My dad found out about Chataqua from his Aunt who used to vacation there each summer-- as did a bunch of Houston area schoolteachers.

He bought the place for her primarily as she had helped to raise him, but we all got to enjoy it.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Smeg let me know when you're in LA you should go to disneyland out here i'll be happy to be your families own personal tour guide

14. heypartner

Chautauqua was originally a summer camp for teachers and adult learning, est in 1870 or so. Wonder if that's why it attracted Houston area school teachers.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

:)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aAX6g4JhgIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. SmeggySmeg

Yeah well aware it will be cold, certainly a risk but also an attraction as dont get cold like that plus beneficial when it comes to cost, plus southern states not too bad

Your exploring Florida is a good idea was actually thinking about getting a car and driving north some from orlando to explore that area up to the carolinas

The north west has appealed for long time and was probably the next destination, but suspect we just don't gave the time, so may have to save for next time

17. SmeggySmeg

Certainly not unpossible

18. SmeggySmeg

Cheers, behad, may well take u up on this, so what's your recomendations of things to with a 4 year old in your next if the woods?

19. SmeggySmeg

Geez, loads to consider here very nice heyp

Nah didn't notice Orlando has all-star game, not sure about that, think I prefer to go to real games than all-star, plus was in Htown for all-star last time I was in the states

Not sure why I didn't tell you, mostly probably as I don't talk to my cousin that much, you can google him, meterology, david and my last name. A place to stay in boulder awesome, so when's Boston finalized?

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Going to Eastern Canada in mid Jan and you will freeze. no joke