1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Smegs are coming to America again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SmeggySmeg, Mar 20, 2011.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Now the thread is back in the hangout anyone have done Orlando accom suggestions

Also if we make it to Htown, what yall got planned for us?

2. SmeggySmeg

the question right now is do we Houston or do we not?

also where's the best way to get college bball tickets?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Didn't know Houston was a verb. Makes sense, though. I'm going to try to use it in a sentence today.

same usual for any tickets that you'll need emailed to you. Just do eBay or online ticket agencies.

But, unless you're talking about perennially sold out games like a Duke/UNC game, colleges always have scalpers surrounding the stadiums selling at face or below. You'll have no trouble scalping.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If there is no Rockets season, maybe you should take the time to see other cool parts of the USA, like Boston, or head on down to Cancun Mexico for a couple of days?

DD

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of Aussies coming to the US I will be in Australia over Christmas and New Years. I will be in Perth. Any recommendations of things I should see and do there?

6. SmeggySmeg

at this stage have booked in 5 days in orlando then a couple in DC and then onto New York after that we are really not sure

then likely Boulder, San Fran and down to LA and San Diego and out

between New York and Boulder is up in the air and happy to accept all suggestions

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Maybe check out Boston and Philly since you'll already be on the East Coast?

8. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Safe travels my friend.

9. SmeggySmeg

thanks Rockhead

thought about Boston, but thinking we might need a break from the cold by then, plus have more cold in Boulder....

if the NBA could sort its **** out then Houston could be still on, fingers crossed

10. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Should be nice and warm for you.

You can always head down south and check out Margaret River and the surrounding areas with all the amazing wineries. Mind you strong bush fires have ripped through that area in the last few days so the damage is still not really known. It is an amazing location and only 3 hours from Perth.

Perth Cup (horse racing) is being held on new years eve this year and is always a fun time if you don't mind a crowd and enjoy all of the talent on offer.....

Hopman Cup also starts on December 31st and runs for a week, some very good players coming over this year especially on the women's side.

Other than that, you can take the day to check out places like Kings Park (located basically in the city), Fremantle (about 20 minutes by train from the city) and also make sure you check out the beaches, Perth has some of if not the best beaches in Australia. Cottesloe and Scarborough are the pick from my personal experiences.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

If you need a way station between Orlando and Washington, get in touch. We are between Greensboro and Winston-Salem in NC. Orlando is 11-12 hours to the south and D.C. is about 6 hours further north.

Charlotte is 90 miles to the west if you want to catch the Bobcats and/or say hello to MJ!

Wake Forest is half an hour away. Tickets there should be pretty easy to come by unless the are playing Duke or UNC. Duke and UNC are just an hour away but tickets are hard to come by. There are also numerous other small universities and colleges in the area if you are that much of a basketball junkie.

12. SmeggySmeg

thanks Giddyup, we booked a flight from orlando to DC, but maybe after NY on the way to Houston (gotta see the rockets now) let me check the dates and get back to you

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

My mistake-- I thought you were driving up to New York from Orlando.

14. SmeggySmeg

So now that the schedule is out it looks like there is a weekend around 17th of feb with two rockets home games, Friday night and Sunday night, so who's keen for some sort of get together if we come visit for the weekend

Btw the wednesday 15th game v Durant sure is attractive but think we will still be in new york

15. DaDakota

I might be able to make it.....

DD

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Im worse than broke right now, but hopefully we get that worked out in time so I can swing a game in Feb.

The better question is if we can get HP back into the states in time. ;)

17. SmeggySmeg

HP will be in no doubt

18. SmeggySmeg

might, assume you are joking Dak, i do believe it is my turn to buy the beers and winds

19. DaDakota

While beer does produce winds, I would prefer the wings.

;)

DD

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy