1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“If they’re going to support us, support us all the way.”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uyqk1LsCDBQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uyqk1LsCDBQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

via hotair.com

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What does this say about the majority of the troops who don't support the war in Iraq either?

It is like if I support the war then I am not supporting the majority of our troops. If I support the troops but not the war, then I am supporting the majority of the troops, but not these few who don't buy it.

I guess the minority of the troops will have to incorrectly believe that I am not supporting them, while the majority are in tune with my support?

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Damn right! Support them all the way!

Bring them home now!

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Brought to you by Michelle Malkin.

What an absolute shock.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

whom basso has claimed to not read.

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Michelle Malkin is like the right's Michael Moore, only with smaller breasts.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Well, the troops raise a valid concern. No one actually believes the anti-war libs support the troops -- which is why they scream so loud when you call them out on it. Saying you support the troops, and actually supporting them are two different concepts.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What about the troops serving in Iraq which are anti-war(which is the majority of them)?

As you have shown time and time again by your own example.

Even in this thread you don't support the majority of the troops who are against the war at this point, and still claim to support them.

9. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

So it comes down to what do you mean by supporting the troops. If you think asking young Americans to fight and die for an illegal war is supporting them then no, I don't.

If you think supporting our troops only means asking them to defend our country from REAL threats then as a veteran I support them 110%.

When I signed up, I didn't sign up to fight for oil.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

basso and tradertexx, this is now the 4th time i am directly asking you guys -

how do you feel about the military times poll which said that 50% of the troops who have served in iraq and afghanistan are against our continued occupation of iraq? do you clowns honestly believe that 50% of the troops who have served hate america and want the troops to fail?

and do either of you actually have any family or close friends serving in iraq or afghanistan?

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think basso may not respond to replies that include information from the Military Times. If you want him to bother to talk to you, then have to abide by his rules.

12. jo mama

how do you support them? by continuing to argue on a message board for a policy that 50% of the troops are against? that 70% of the american people are against? do you support them by supporting a president who advocates a policy of torture, which is not a reliable way to gather intelligence and only serves to put our own troops in further harms way? do you support the troops by supporting cuts in veterans benefits?

face it tradertexx, you and your twisted and immoral views are in the extreme minority now.

13. jo mama

yes, that military times is nothing but a bunch of lib-queda lib-pigs.

i guess i should just post random blogs from neo-con bootlickers and try to pass them off as legitimate news.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Saying you will send our brave troops into harm's way only when necessary, and actually doing so, are two different concepts as well.

[​IMG]

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

In Jorge's world homeless veterans are leeches on society who should fend for themselves and pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Jorge doesn't support the troops. He has only contempt for them. He doesn't care what they think, want or need; he only supports George Bush. And his support for Bush is so strong, he doesn't care how many Americans needlessly die for his mistake. Fortunately, for the troops and for America, that dog won't hunt anymore. Finally. That's why next week the Senate will pass a bipartisan resolution expressing disapproval for Bush's bogus plan to escalate a war that neither Congress, the troops or the country wants. It's about time.

16. conquistador#11

wether it's Bush's operation freedom or Clinton's kosovo, the objectives of a soldier never change....follow orders and never anticipate the command...they shouldn't be worrying about having "full support"

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

courage.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

basso, I am afraid that I won't respond to this unless you rephrase it without the word courage.

I can not discuss support for the troops and war in Iraq if you are going to use the word courage.

Now, if you want to talk about the issue at hand, then you can rephrase it without using the word courage.

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Actually it's 20 republican senators up for re-election in 08 that's covering their ass.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

awww man! I didn't hit the edit button fast enough. :D