1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“If they’re going to support us, support us all the way.”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I support our troops. I want them to have a shot of living now instead of being shot at.

Bring them home. We lost the war. Bush created a terrorist state in Iraq.

It may be the first time in history that a nation fought a war against an enemy that didn't exist where it went to fight it, but then created the enemy there and then lost to it by it's very actions.

I mean, when went in there to defeat terrorism. There was not only no nukes, but no terrorists. So we waltz through...and the gov't collapses, and then the terrorists come flooding in and defeat us.

And now the terrorists are in Iraq and have made it their new capital.

If that isn't the most stunning defeat I don't know what is. Congrats Bush, you'll go down as General Custard II

2. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Perfect! Extremely well said, I couldn't agree more. I think what makes me most upset is that this war is that it's not even spoken about in normal daily conversations. There is no one in my office that cares to speak to me about the war. As a 21 yr veteran of our armed forces, I'm mad as hell! Are we that arrogant that we can't accept defeat?

3. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Perfect! Extremely well said, I couldn't agree more. I think what makes me most upset is that this war is that it's not even spoken about in normal daily conversations. There is no one in my office that cares to speak to me about the war. As a 21 yr veteran of our armed forces, I'm mad as hell! Are we that arrogant that we can't accept defeat?

Ok, I'll stop there.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's General Custer, NewYorker, and George W. Bush is far worse. 208 men of the 7th cavalry died with Custer, and the total casualties from the fighting that day totaled 16 officers and 242 troopers dead, 1 officer and 51 troopers wounded. A fairly amazing percentage of dead compared to the wounded. An estimated 300 Indians died as well, just in the part of the battle involving Custer's immediate command, although numbers of Indian dead and wounded are hard to know exactly, because they carried away their dead, as well as the wounded. By most accounts, the 7th and Custer fought hard. Interviews from Indians who were in the battle said as much.

Bush? He is responsible for the death and maiming of tens of thousands of Iraqis, and thousands of American (and what allies we've had) men and women of our military. The creation of a civil war, the destruction of a nation-state and, as you said, the creation of a terrorist center churning out jihadists, that didn't exist before. There is no comparison.

D&D. Replicant Island Groovin'.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

why, was general custer in the national guard during the civil war?

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

MMMMM..... general custard.... ;)

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

colonel mustard would eat him alive!

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Eh...same thing.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Republicans Kill Webb's Troop-Protection Amendment

We didn’t need any further proof that Congressional Republicans really don’t give a damn about the troops or their families but we just got it in the United States Senate anyway.

Just moments ago, Senate Republicans succeeded in a filibuster in which they refused to end debate on Virginia Democrat Jim Webb's S. 2012, which would have placed strict limits on National Guard and reserve deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan as well as mandating more downtime at home before active-duty combat troops are returned to battle.

The vote was 56-41 to end debate, with 60 votes needed to move to a full, up-or-down vote on the Webb measure. Once again, the GOP has been successful at destroying another Democratic attempt at helping service members and their families caught in the buzzsaw of the Bush administration's lies and incompetence.

“We have an amendment before us that is critical for the strength of our military and the well-being of our troops. Regardless of where we stand on the war, I would hope that we stand as one in our commitment to keeping our military the strongest in the world," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) before the vote. " We should all agree that we can’t sustain that strength if our men and women in uniform aren’t given the protection and care they need. That’s not a Democratic talking point or a Republican talking point – it’s just common sense."

Apparently not to Republicans, who have now drawn yet another line in the sand -- this one saying that, in addition to not caring about keeping America's troops in Iraq forever, they don’t even care if they have to go back four or five times with insufficient training, rest and time with their families.

http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2007/07/republicans-kill-webbs-troop-protection.html