1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“If they’re going to support us, support us all the way.”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Even Winchester came to realize his pretend world was not reality.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Oh damn, that's perfect. basso IS Winchester. And Jorge, of course, is Frank Burns. (texx as hot lips? hmm. maybe, maybe no.)

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and batman is hotlips.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

This mentality probably comes from the notion that the United States was never militarily defeated in Vietnam, but lost due to eroding public support, anti-war protesters, media and so on. The communist were never able to defeat the US military, so they used propaganda to erode public support for the war. Prime example was the Tet Offensive, the communist didnt accomplish any of their tactical goals and the viet cong were virtually decimated, yet the Tet offensive was seen as a victory for communist forces.

5. Batman Jones

And basso's a doodoo head. Tee hee hee. Beat you to it, daddio.

Why do you think you suck so much at this stuff? What do you think it is about you (and Bush for that matter) that makes it so incredibly difficult to admit a mistake? I'm not even talking about the war here -- you were so very, very wrong about that poll in so many ways and you just smirk and pretend it didn't happen. What is that?

6. basso

Supporting Member

i wasn't wrong. i just got tired of wasting time arguing with an idiot who has no intention of listening to reason, or participating in reality based conversations.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basso, you misrepresented the poll and the word of the soldiers in IRaq.

If you feel you didn't then I will be fair and give you the chance to state plainly once and for all. Just answer this simple question.

According to the poll, were soldiers who felt the initial invasion of Iraq was something the U.S. should have done, in the minority or the majority?

The poll is clear on it. I am giving you the chance to be clear on it as well. I will delete my post in the courage thread too, if you are clear and honest in your response.

#68 FranchiseBlade, Feb 2, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  9. Batman Jones

So 38% is almost 50%. And 50% of the troops believe we can still win = "the troops believe we can still win." And 41% of the troops believe it wasn't a mistake to invade in the first place and 37% agree with how the war's being managed = support for the mission.

I still can't tell if you're dumb or dishonest, but everyone can see you're wrong. Math isn't open to interpretation and insisting you're right doesn't make it so.

But you're wrong all the time here. I'm not surprised it happened again, in however blatant a fashion -- that's usual too. What I can't figure out is why you keep coming back for more.

10. rimrocker

Oh, the irony.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

wow! actually, not only is your math fuzzy, but you are completely and totally wrong.

baghdad basso has spoken.
    "i wasnt wrong!"
    [​IMG]

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

baghdad basso?

Hey! That's pretty good!

13. basso

Supporting Member

really? you've included troops in kuwait in the iraq total. so who's being dishonest now?

14. jo mama

baghdad basso, you really dont have a leg to stand on anymore.

you need to provide a link to what you are talking about plagarist. i assume you are referring to the military times poll which you continue misrepresent and spin yourself dizzy with. are you accusing the military times of being "dishonest" with their 144,000 # or whatever it was?

why do you hate the military so much?

15. jo mama

thanks! i came up with that on my own - no plagarizing necessary. :p

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basso, did you figure out the answer to the question yet?

Were the troops who believe the U.S. should have gone into Iraq in the first place, in the minority or the majority?*

*(according the poll you linked)

17. basso

Supporting Member

you're conflating two statements. one, in your previous post, and including the numbers you're basing your calculations on, refers to troops in iraq and kuwait. the other is the statement in the article, which refers solely to troops in iraq.

no one cares about putting more troops in kuwait.

18. rimrocker

Intentionally dense.

Where did we stage before the invasion?

Kuwait is not some island of no strategic importance. Take out Kuwait and the soldiers in Iraq starve, run out of gas, and have no more ammo. The troops in Kuwait are part and parcel of the Iraq operation and play a critical role in supporting the efforts in Iraq. If you put more troops in Iraq, you also end up putting more troops in Kuwait.

19. Batman Jones

What rimrocker said.

But even apart from basso's willfully disingenuous loophole, a last ditch desperate attempt to save his previously triumphant misread of the poll from the debacle we all recognize it as; apart from his using "depends on what the definition of 'is' is" logic to turn 39-38 into 50-13, he still fails to even try to answer the following.

How can any sane and honest person read 41% approval of going there in the first place and 37% approval of the management of the war (vs. 42% against) and 50% believing the war can be won as sounding like the troops support the mission and believe it can be won?

Answer: they can't.

And so we see again that basso is either dishonest, dumb, insane or all of the above. But I'm the idiot that can't participate in "reality based conversations."

Math is made of numbers, basso. You don't get to change them around and call it reality.

20. jo mama

so this is what you are reduced to baghdad basso? accusations of dishonesty b/c one poll was regarding troops in iraq and kuwait (as if they dont have anything to do with each other) and the other apparently regarding only iraq. are we not allowed to cite two different polls anymore? nevermind the fact that no matter which poll you want to cite, you and your fuzzy math have been quite wrong throughout this entire thread.

your spin has gotten both of us dizzy. could you specficially point out which post and poll you are referencing so i can better address what ever it is you are talking about.

what about the troops in kuwait? why do have such disdain for our troops.