1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

yankees 3 pt 98-00. then before that Toronto back to back in the early 90s. trends are meant to be broken every once in awhile. its been 20 years. I think that's long enough. Go stros

desihooper likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Some of you are always poised to call other people's remarks "stupid." Sometimes I wonder about the ages of posters on this board. The Astros have had a good to great year. They are on track to win 100 games, and that is amazing. My point is that they have had a boatload of injuries and don't seem like the juggernaut they were last season. They have struggled with the Mariners and the Athletics of late. They were swept by Rangers at home. Their pitching is not as dominant as last year. Their hitting isn't as dominant as last year. Their star players are still hurting, physically. I have followed this team since was I taken to see the Colt 45's as a child. I love the Astros. I want them to win every game, but that is not baseball. However, teams have a feel about them. This team doesn't have the same feel as last year. After last year, I thought the Astros had enough talent for a dynasty. That may still happen. I hope it does.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

4th starter problems are not an actual problem. It's not like we have to turn to Pete Munro. Theoretically, the game 1 starter could go on 4 days rest.

4. Major

Major Member

Their hitting isn't as good, but their pitching this year is waaaay better. The team is 13-4 so far in September vs 12-5 at the same point last year. Last year's team struggled with Texas was swept by a really crappy Oakland right around now last year too. This year's team is on pace for a better record with a better run differential than last year. I think you're mythologizing last year's team a bit.

Amshirvani and everyday eddie like this.
  5. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

9-10 is pretty bad.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I have my sights on greatest team ever. This is happening.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

You're doing it wrong. 9-10 is monumentally bad.

8. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Their pitching is easily more dominant than last year

Tomstro likes this.
  9. fiersdownbelow

10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Glad you weren’t the only one that noticed that...what an unbelievable statement to make.

11. HTM

HTM Member

Feels like the A's score 6+ runs every damn game. I know they don't but that offense is electric.

12. bob0601

bob0601 Member

Random though on Correa but does anyone else feel like he would play better if he dumped his fiancé and stopped playing video games all the time and focused on baseball more? He prob hurt his back in the bedroom with her and all his Instagram posts are him playing Fortnite in his free time.......once I saw that he cared more about that then perfecting his game I knew he was going to have a down year. <End Rant>

SLRokJok and HTown2017Champs like this.
  13. HTown2017Champs

Not gonna tell him what to do with his personal love life, but the video games: yes. I think it's definitely a negative influence on him (also others, I know Peacock says he loves Fortnite too). But ultimately, their decision.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Where did you see him ever say he cared more about video games than baseball? Or...now stay with me here...are you just making up s*** because you're looking for any excuse as to why he's having a down season?

15. Amshirvani

Are you being serious?

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wait a f**king minute

Are we seriously blaming sex and video games for Correa's struggles, this is a new low.

Players should be at the cage, or watching video at all waking hours. If they can't possibly restrain their libido they should masturbate, but only with their off hand.

leroy and marks0223 like this.
  17. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

****'s sake people.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  18. Amshirvani

We have a new, more eloquent version of Cangrejero unfortunately.

19. fiersdownbelow

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

looks like there are some people beginning to see the light, and i will take 100% credit

bigdaddy likes this.