1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Major

Major Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/opin...-financial-support-opinion-wierson/index.html

Ever since joining the presidential fray, former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has repeatedly said that he will do everything he can to dethrone President Donald Trump — even if that means supporting another Democratic nominee with views quite different than his own — such as Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren or even Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

But the Sanders camp isn't having it. After Sanders refused at his town hall on Monday to say whether he'd accept financial help from the billionaire, Sanders' senior campaign adviser, Jeff Weaver set the record straight in an NBC News interview. "It's a hard no," he said, adding, "I think we can raise over a billion dollars in small-dollar contributions."

But that's a generous assessment by the Sanders team. Trump and the RNC have already raised over $525 million in the past year and $60 million in January alone — and he isn't even in full campaign fund-raising mode yet. In contrast, Sanders raised less than half that sum in January and will need to ramp up his average monthly haul quickly if he wants to get anywhere near the billion-dollar mark and a chance at leveling the playing field against Trump.

But the position Sanders landed on is a very peculiar one. It suggests that he would rather lose to Trump than to tarnish his ideological purity by taking money from a billionaire. That his campaign would turn down hundreds of millions — perhaps even $1 billion or more — in financial help is a revelation that should be very troublesome for Democrats across the country who have set their sights on removing Donald Trump from office, no matter his successor.

The support Bloomberg is offering up potentially includes campaign offices and resources — things a nominee's campaign might need to confront Trump. Wall Street would call this type of assistance "smart money."

Even Warren, who Democratic strategist James Carville recently said, "hates Michael Bloomberg more than she wants to win," allowed that she would accept Bloomberg's offer to help fund her campaign if she emerges as the standard bearer for the Democratic Party.

TheFreak and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

https://education.costhelper.com/becoming-speech-language-pathologist.html

Speech-language pathologists (sometimes called speech therapists) assess, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in children and adults.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bernie must have gotten washed in SC for the check mark to go up right as the polls close. jeez. Clyburn endorsed Biden and they all just followed suit.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who you calling they?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Old Black people.

Bernie won the young, but they didn't come out in the numbers like the Boomers. I had no idea how old SC is an electorate.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think they were voting for Sanders if not for Clyburn?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The polls said 47% of voters used Clyburn's endorsement as a big reason why they voted for Biden. I don't know who they would have voted for, but these SC older black voters trust Clyburn a great deal. His endorsement was huge for Biden.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What % is the black vote for SC this year though, 20%? Biden would have dominated regardless, and that's okay, it was expected, and is just one state, Cal and TX are looking great for Bernie.

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

So what happen to all my peeps voting as democrats for Bernie Sanders at SC? Did they get cold feet at the last minute? Here is for a massive win for my boy Sanders in Super Tuesday!!! Take all the delegates!!!

11. MiddleMan

But won’t older population benefit from free healthcare? What am I missing here?

DreamShook likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The older population already gets medicare.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That and Joe Biden wants to cut Social Security. ALSO the exit polls show the voters overwhelmingly support M4A. Some voters just don't really know what's going on and media doesn't help.

MiddleMan likes this.
  14. MiddleMan

Just adjust the age for social security to reflect longer lifespan. Since we are for paying more taxes.

15. HTM

HTM Member

I would imagine older voters who already get Medicare would be the most reluctant to expand it.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I strongly considered voting in the republican primary back in 2016. You know why? I thought Hillary would win but more importantly I didn’t want Trump as the republican nominee. Not because I thought Trump was a weaker opponent (I thought trump was sure to lose) but I wanted a Kasich or Rubio whom I could live with.

I think Bernie is a decent human and I will vote for him against Trump if necessary. But for you to vote for a candidate just because you think he’s more “beatable” is a great disservice to your country. Absolutely disgusting

17. Major

Major Member

LOL.

Very true.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

jcf and MiddleMan like this.
  19. MiddleMan

ok. Let me know how you feel when Trumps wins re-election this year.

20. MiddleMan

She can, speech pathologist make a good living.