1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why are there no stories on whether Republican voters attended the Nevada Democratic caucuses in droves to vote for Bernie?

Just like NH, voters can attend either party caucuses in Nevada. Unlike NH and Iowa where Trump wanted to trumpet his voter turnout, Nevada Republicans caucuses closed down and weren’t held, meaning many were free to go to Dem caucuses to vote.

It is not that uncommon to cross sides when your man doesn’t need votes.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

An increase of income taxes for the jobs found in the green energy industry? I don't think we are going electricity-free anytime soon.

#1802 ThatBoyNick, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Interesting article, I think he can get that youth vote and I think the real danger is moderate people staying home instead of voting for Trump.

Nook likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

My guess is that it is hard to quantify.

Sometimes people need to be careful what they ask for.

I remember 4 years ago there were a lot of liberals that wanted Trump to win the nomination.

While I still like Trump head to head against Sanders........ the pendulum has somewhat swung.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Those pay for's are in no way fleshed out they amount to a theory of the case.

Raising and Generating are not plans.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Uh... I guess your just gonna pretend like you didn't just claim his plans for one policy were his plans for all os his policies... if you can't reply with whoopsies on that one there is probably no point in discussions between us.

Outlier likes this.
  7. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Since we've been getting so fond of studies lately here's another one:

Approximately 50 million—or 20 percent—of American adults reported donating to a crowdfunding campaign to help raise money for a medical bill or treatment

From the link:

"Although more people gained insurance coverage with the Affordable Care Act, crowdfunding for health care expenses is becoming more common because Americans still cannot afford their out-of-pocket costs—deductibles, copays, or coinsurance—their coverage notwithstanding. Medical bills remain the number one reason Americans file for personal bankruptcy, according to a 2019 City University of New York-Harvard study. When asked who is responsible for paying for care for those who cannot afford it, a majority of Americans (60 percent) believe the government should as opposed to health care providers, charities, and family and friends."

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People saying Bernie supporters engage in conspiracy theories, once again I ask you to keep that same energy.

Bernie Sanders got 70% of the latino/a/x vote for goodness sake. 70%.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not what I was claiming, if anything I was thinking it was M4A but my main point is that it does not matter what he is paying for ,those are not plans to actually pay for them.

If you can't see that its probably no point in discussing this as well.

So in summary those are not actual plans for anything he needs to say how will actually generate this money or what kind of good paying jobs.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I got some of you guys like @Major coming at me for assuming Biden's black support was soft because I posted an article a month ago about black voters willing to vote for Bernie at a higher rate in the general than Biden even though Biden still had the lead with the black voters in the primary.

And here we are, Bernie leads for the first time with black voters. tough scene.

#1810 DreamShook, Feb 25, 2020
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I will vote for Sanders if he cuts my taxes...

Corrosion likes this.
  12. heypartner

What makes you think I'm not a Bernie supporter? You project your own interest in conspiracies onto others way too much.

I can show you actually numbers of Dems in NH voting in republican caucuses in past years. It is not that uncommon, especially if your normal caucus is closed. It's certainly not a conspiracy to ask to research it.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't say you weren't a Bernie supporter. I'm not projecting anything. Calm down. I'm asking the people that say everything is a conspiracy to stop Bernie keep the same energy for the people who say stuff like republicans and Putin are trying to help Bernie.

Plus the entrance polls already said that Bernie swept all demographics in Nevada. Moderates, White People, White educated women and conservatives all voted for Bernie.

#1813 DreamShook, Feb 25, 2020
  14. heypartner

Yes, you've said that many times. But you're hijacking my question to spit out your conspiracy monger rhetoric.

Crossing caucus boundaries is not uncommon. It's not necessarily a conspiracy to do so. And it certainly isn't a conspiracy to ask whether all republicans stayed home in Nevada, or if some/many went to Democratic caucuses.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wait so you'r bragging that Sanders has less of a growth in black support than Bloomberg?

Does not seem to be a great poll.

The Reuters/Ipsos public opinion poll was conducted online, in English, throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 4,439 U.S. adults, including 2,244 who identified as registered Democrats or independents and 446 African Americans. The poll has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of between 2 and 5 percentage points.

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

That article actually shows that Bloomberg is surging. Biden should drop out now and throw his support to Bloomerg if the Dems want a chance to beat Trump.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you were generally curious then I apologize, but I don't think I was hijacking your question when "Republicans will vote for Bernie in the primaries because Trump wants to go against Bernie and also Putin" has been a talking point in the media on CNN and MSNBC.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And it is true.

Are you disputing this?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Once again. Keep that same energy, guys.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It was the million $ question that I haven't seen any solid data on until now. I personally have been shifting back and forth on it and settled on Bernie can win but is more risky than a mod dem. This study (of course it's just one, but it's the only one I have seen and it's a pretty large study) falls on the side of the moderate. It would take a miracle turnout among new young voters for Bernie to win.

Corrosion and Nook like this.