1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I assume you see this post as being relevant to something going on somewhere besides your head?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Amusingly I am the one who said he was NOT doing the "starting a conversation" nonsense and someone you are talking to me with a mocking tone about him starting conversations. I don't get it lol.

3. justtxyank

1) Congratulations on using the quote function correctly!
    2) Yes, I was making a point to you about your silly use of a tweet to make an irrelevant point

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

"His twitter people" may need to be more narrowly defined.

You said him and his team. I take that to exclusively mean his official reps and himself.

5. justtxyank

David Sirota. He's been an attack dog going hard after Sanders opponents. He said he had no role with Sanders officially. It came out that they were coordinating so Sanders just went ahead and hired him.

There is one example.

You go tell his opponents that he just engages on the issues. Just because he doesn't do it on stage doesn't mean he isn't doing it.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm not familiar with him, so I'll have to take your word that he is "ruthless". Once again, I think that term may hold significantly different meanings to you and I.

FWIW here's the wikipedia entry on that:

Sanders campaign[edit]
    The 2020 presidential campaign for Senator Bernie Sanders announced it had hired Sirota to work as a senior advisor and speechwriter on March 19, 2019.[18] Sirota was accused of launching attacks against Sanders' Democratic opponents on Twitter and through articles for The Guardian on behalf of the campaign as early as December. However, according to Sirota and The Guardian, the Sanders campaign did not engage in conversations related to his hiring until January. Guardian spokeswoman Deepal Patadia said after they were informed about the conversations Sirota quit filing columns for The Guardian.[19][20]

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Regularly dining with Mexican industrialists is not a right.

GOOD DAY

8. Nook

Nook Member

Bernie Sanders has zero problems confronting issues head on and I respect that. He doesn't sugar coat his positions and he usually does a good job of explaining his positions well (for the most part).

However, he and his supporters are certainly ruthless (as I assume is true of any populist candidate with support).

Hopefully some phoenix rises from the ashes of the Democratic field and puts him back in his place as a marginal policy candidate.

Otherwise I guess I will be voting third party or will have to drink a lot before going into the ballot box.

TheresTheDagger and justtxyank like this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m glad to see someone on the left admit the party has gone batshit crazy.

cml750 likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Do you have a link to any story corroborating this notion? I voted for Bernie and follow him on twitter but don't really keep up with the nitty gritty of what his people do.

Though there's probably no group ever that is more scumbaggery than the alt-right Trump fanatics so maybe it's fair game now.

11. Major

Major Member

What justtx is talking about came out about a month ago:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...sed-civility-hired-twitter-attack-dog/585259/

CometsWin and justtxyank like this.
  12. justtxyank

13. cml750

cml750 Member

The Bernie bros. are very sensitive when it comes to their guy.

TheresTheDagger and justtxyank like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

You're not wrong, but Trump supporters are not allowed to say this.

Anticope, justtxyank, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  15. CometsWin

16. Buck Turgidson

There's a good bit of conflict of interest type stuff going on with him, claiming that he was tweeting as a journalist while he was unofficially working for the campaign, that sort of thing.

It's no dealbreaker, but it just goes back to the point that Bernie is not just some lovable huggable grandpa-type. Look up some local historical articles in Vermont, he has his dark side too.

17. CometsWin

Yeah, I see that. It is something that is more en vogue these days, the secret allegiances and such.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is just the same ol same ol by the wealthy establishment Dems. They are just interested in winning against Trump; they have absolutely no concerns that Bernie might raise the top tax rates at which they pay at to fund healthcare, education, childcare and other programs they do not personally need..

Buttigieg is just a nice guy who is so polite -- not like the snarkie Bernie Bros. Pete has previously met with the Dem establishment to plan on how to stop Sanders. None of these folks are at all ruthless of course. They have no surrogates on twitter, the media or wherever. To say otherwise is a conspiracy or to be a Russian bot. They then use their well oiled networks to help Buttigieg do his roll out so the unknown guy with relatively little political accomplishment can be on all the large media shows immediately. Buttigieg tries to remain issue free and will do the old "we need a conversation" or whatever dodge on anything controversial. However Pete doesn't hesitate to say Bernie is like Trump, Bernie is so angry not calmly content like elitist Pete, Bernie (who is polling well), cannot win. Pete is obviously auditioning for VP w Kamala or Biden.

19. Buck Turgidson

Here's a thought, glynch, just for one second:

Do you think it is possible that nobody really hates Bernie Sanders or many of his ideas? Is it possible, possibly, that his knife-wielding supporters do more harm than good? I mean, how many times do we need to listen to you (and I mean this you: personally) call us selfish ignorant corporate republican-lite assholes before we get a bit tired of it? As if you have even the smallest clue what people other than 'you' think or what our issues are? Is it remotely possible that there are a bunch of right-middle-center-left types (uh oh, the dreaded 'moderates') who do care about people and want a more socially equitable and less corporate-centric society, but just differ with you on the 'how'?

You never really recovered from your 60's days, did you? It's ok to admit, and I don't blame you, some did, some didn't, and lots of burnouts are bluehaired seniors now. I think the millennials don't like yall too much. If there's ever an unfamiliar rider in that green new deal legislation, just make sure someone's staffer has looked at it, and don't worry about that word "soylent", they'll explain later.

[edited for typos]

#319 Buck Turgidson, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Major, Nook and justtxyank like this.
  20. justtxyank

Why are you so sensitive?

Absolutely there are other candidates that are ruthless. I'm sorry I didn't make a post about all of them in a Bernie thread in response to a quote about Bernie.

You're the perfect Bernie supporter. Full of hatred for basically 75% of Americans that don't share your core beliefs, snarky to the last and more sensitive than a baby's skin.

Rashmon, Major, Nook and 2 others like this.