1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Los Angeles Clippers (2018-2019)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doc knows what's up. Why the hell didn't Mike D'Antoni play this guy?

Inside the magic of Rockets legends Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell, LA's freestyling bench stars

[...]

Rivers had less intel on a young big man who came in the Paul trade. "When we first got Montrezl [Harrell], it was, 'Why didn't [Houston] play him?'" Rivers says. "'Like, what does he do?'"

Harrell had been known to sulk and retreat within himself when he didn't play much, according to sources familiar with his time in Houston. His trash talk in practice could be biting. None of that is unusual for deep-bench guys who think they deserve more time. Spun another way, Harrell's moodiness was a manifestation of the fiery competitiveness that unnerves opposing big men today.

What was unusual: In 2016, the league suspended Harrell five games after he shoved a D-League referee. The "hothead" label stuck.

"Trez can be an emotional player," Rivers says.

Two years after the Paul deal, Williams and Harrell form one of the league's most dangerous pick-and-roll partnerships and the backbone of the highest-scoring bench -- averaging more than 53 points -- in the past 20 years, per ESPN Stats & Information research. They have each made changes -- to routines, workout regimens, coping techniques -- without losing what makes them who they are.

"The Rockets," Williams says, "paid a healthy price for Chris Paul."

[...]

Vivi likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, the Rockets had to give up some talent to be able to put together a 65 win team and a low 50's win team in a down season.

Would love to have kept Trez....

BUT... BUT BUT BUT... in his last year with Houston he got 18.3 mpg. In his first year with LAC, he got 17.0 mpg.

So when Doc says why didn't Houston play this guy... he probably means, "I have no f'ing clue what I'm talking about and since Harrell has broken out a bit more this season cause I'm playing him more I need to say some crap blah blah blah".

Trez basically has the same per minute stats as last year (when he played 17 mpg) and same ORtg and DRtg.

So the only "surprising" thing should be that he sustained pretty solid advanced stats going from 17 to 26 mpg.

When you JR say why the hell didn't MDA play this guy, I'm guessing you didn't actually look up the mpg. Heck, MDA started him 14 games. He's started all of 7 games for the Clippers to date.

His improvement probably has something to do with the fact that he was 22 and he's now 25.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@J.R.'s super power is passive aggression and sneak digs at the Rockets. He loves this stuff.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You know you're doing that to House, now, right? It's like every post involving House is lowkey criticism, if not outright bashing. You've allowed the Darkside of J.R., Carl Herrera and ZBoy to affect you.

I hope you get that lowkey House negativity out of your system before the playoffs. I'm counting on you to return to being a channel of positive vibes....like me. :)

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Sounds like a b**** made trait

DreamShook likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't mean for the criticism to be low key. I thought I was being very transparent when I criticize House. It the same why I make sure I highlight what Shump is doing well when he isn't playing that well over all. It's a balance to be honest.

Everyone hates Shump - inject some positives. Everyone LOVES House - be a little critical.

Make no mistake - I like House and what he is doing for the Rockets. Make no mistake I am critical of House too.

HOF's are trash. You're right heyp, they have gotten to me. I can't truly enjoy a good House game without being annoyed. I will try to be more positive when it comes to House jr.

YOLO likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's not a good look, that's for sure.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like @J.R. 's negative bent as it is mostly fact based.

Just had to call out this one.

I'll take CP3 and Kenneth Faried's 129 ORtg and 110 DRtg (his 29 games on Rockets) and not give Trez another thought.

10. heypartner

Your cricism has become stupid.

Sorry to put it so bluntly. It’s like you’ve lost your ability to talk basketball when it comes to House... which is evident in every ... every ... House comment has at least some lowkey criticism. Go reread each comment in last night’s game thread. Every one of them.

Stop trying to balance Shump ... it Isn’t balance ... it’s creating/perpetuating negativity. You might not have started it, but you can stop it.

:)

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I put my record on anything Heyp. Don't you slander me. Pull up every post from last night; I only had a handful. My record is PUBLIC. It wasn't criticism, it was sarcasm pointed at HOF's. This is disrespectful stuff that gains life on Clutchfans. I want be a party to it. I demand an apology.

To just nebulously say I'm one thing without pulling out the receipts is dangerous to my rep on the internet.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, I'm just not a homer.

Don't root for players to suck but if I think someone sucks, I'm gonna say they suck. Yeah, for example, I think Iman Shumpert sucks, who they gave up a first for. "But but but just give him a few more games or until the playoffs!"

Yeah, I think Tilman cheaped out this year. If he goes on to pay the tax next year and coming years(say, duration of Harden/CP3/Capela), I'll say I was wrong, that was a one-off, a one-year thing.

Yeah, hot take, I think Daryl Morey is kinda overrated. But we already know how you feel. He's being black-balled by the 29 other GMs/owners.

I doubt anyone did to begin with but look, no one should take me or anything I say seriously. I'm a dumbass. I'm a shitty poster. I say stupid **** all of the time. And all of the time, I'm usually wrong! I have no idea what the **** I'm talking about. @CK Johnson says he's ClutchFans worst poster. Then I'm tied for first or second. Yes, I'm negative. Yes I whine. Yes, I'm hella annoying, I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DreamShook likes this.
  13. heypartner

You’ve gone to the JR, CH, ZBoy style posting Darkside when it comes to House vs once being the champion of Positive Vibes for everyone.

So sad how you let cfnet affect you to don the cloak of sarcasm and negativity, when House himself has done nothing wrong. Elie wasn’t even this good in his first season with the Rockets. But they both were equally smart and selfless.

Come back to the Positve side of posting. It’s safer and feels better over here. :) I’m worried about you.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Extended Danuel House discussion in a Clippers thread. Good Lord.

I just came to say Lou still seems bitter.

Vivi, YOLO and DreamShook like this.
  15. heypartner

In my experience, ppl who say “I’m just not a homer” are more wrong in predictions than the actual homers.

But then again, maybe DaDakota, Carl Herrera and Basketballholic are skewing the data.

Suffice it to say, calling oneself “not a homer” doesn’t really mean anything, when it comes to posters being right or wrong about Roster Moves, and certainly not when it comes to player and coach evaluation wrt Harden and MDA...

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want an apology for slandering me. When you make up accusations, it's up to me to prove you wrong. That's not fair to me. I want you to pull up those posts you were talking about yesterday. Where are the receipts?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

YOLO likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

jerry west is truly the modern day master of roster construction, he's whipped up a competitive team out of thin air this season and at the same time the clips are positioned as well as any franchise for summer free agency. not sure if his designation as consultant would qualify, but he deserves executive of the year

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

We/they probably are.

I'm not a homer & I'm always wrong so

[​IMG]
    ;)

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is what I had to do in response to your slander. I had to dig up some receipts because you made outrageous, untrue accusations, about me, basketball, and House. That isn't fair to me. I want an apology @heypartner

Little Bit likes this.