1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to sign a 'preemptive' measure to keep migrant families together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 20, 2018.

1. adoo

adoo Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/tru...easure-to-keep-migrant-families-together.html

President Donald Trump on Wednesday signaled that he plans to sign an order halting the Trump administration's policy of separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that," he told reporters during an event at the White House. I'll be doing something that's somewhat preemptive and ultimately will be matched by legislation I'm sure."

The order is expected to allow families to be housed together even while adults in the family are being detained or prosecuted for crossing the U.S. border illegally, or for seeking asylum at the border outside of a designated border entry point.

The order was drafted by Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who has been the administration's most public face in defending the highly controversial policy, put in place this spring.

So far, at least 2,000 children have been separated from their parents under the new "zero tolerance" policy, under which every adult detained at the border is immediately taken into custody for prosecution.

Trump sponsored the forced-labor separation policy, it lasted ~ 2 mo.
    the supposed "tough as nail" Trump can't take the heat; now he is ready to pull back his sponsorship

#1 adoo, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, there we go, so now illegal immigrants will get more rights than American citizens just to get rid of a wedge issue.

3. adoo

adoo Member

there is a special place in hell for purveyors of stupidity like Bobbi the small

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure you are dumb enough to think so given the rest of your mindless hot takes. It's telling that you don't even attempt to point out where anything I've said was wrong, you just jump straight to throwing a temper tantrum about it.

tmacfor35 likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

Bobbi the small playing the victim card---diverting attention away from his stupidity/ignorance---a page taken out of DJ Trump's playbook

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL the victim card? Who is a victim? I called you a moron, I didn't say anyone was a victim....try to keep up smart guy.

cml750 likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Trump is nothing if not a popularity w****. No way he could let this slide for too long. Good news nonetheless.

#7 DonnyMost, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    krnxsnoopy and SF3isBack!! like this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

the essence of Bobbi the small on display

not only is this "playing the victim card", it is just stupid

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL that's not "playing the victim card", you are clearly just too damn dumb to follow along....I guess that's par for the course really.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Major policy failure for Trump -- huge backtrack.

11. adoo

adoo Member

yip

now he is televising his meeting w GOPs----diverting attention away from what's happening at the Child detention camps----
    winging it, trying to make himself look presidential on TV

if only being POTUS was as easy as reality TV

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As expected, trump blames democrats... and spews the normal lies: democrats want open borders, immigration, even illegal increases crime, and throws in a new one... "even from the middle east (I am certain a lot of the children caged along the southern border were "middle eastern terrorists"...

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

interesting footnote...

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily. He'll spin it like he's the savior, and many will buy it.

It will sting at the polls in November for the Republican Congress, but Trump may avoid getting the blame he ultimately deserves.

This is the beauty of having a voter base that is wholly unconcerned and uneducated with how government works.

adoo likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Beyond his base who will buy it?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is what yall wanted. Quit talking crap.

I am happy he heard the voice of the people.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hope he does sign something -- it's that easy, and he shouldn't have started this changed policy in the first place.

But saying he'll do something and him doing it have been shown to have miles between them. I'll definitely applaud him for correcting the mistake if he actually corrects it.

conquistador#11 and DonnyMost like this.
  18. Anticope

Anticope Member

Reversing stupid and inhumane policy does not erase the fact that said policy ever existed.

19. NewRoxFan

... and hopefully he will have his people spend equal or more time figuring out where some of the children were lost, and also how to reunite the children with their parents (since BP, ICE, DHS, and HHS admitted there was no such plan in place yet).

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

that place is called r/incel