1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to sign a 'preemptive' measure to keep migrant families together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You bring so much to the conversation.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So you believe, in some cases, these kids are being packed in chain-linked enclosures, and the parents are not given information about where their kids are or how they are being cared for. Since you are claiming there is a double standard, this must be your belief.

I’d really like to see evidence that this happens, because it is unacceptable if so and needs to be fixed.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

And no plan or initiative to reunite them with their families for that matter.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Willfully ignorant confirmed, thanks for posting this because it confirms you people ignore certain posts and points so that you people can keep arguing things that have been proven wrong. it doesn't matter if you get a video of the people saying things and doing things you swear they didn't say or do you will just ignore it. republicans now have no respect for themselves and will say anything do anything to win. I used to not think of your party as evil but with these posts constantly ignoring the truth in order to defend a president who does evil things proves what you guys are. With every post you prove your disgusting ways even more. keep posting so we can gather more evidence and laugh at you later just like we're laughing now, lol. Im saving posts to quote later.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And here you go... a new one

6. adoo

adoo Member

But Trump administration officials say they have no clear plan yet on

how to reunite the thousands of children already separated from their families

since the implementation of a zero-tolerance policy in which anyone caught entering the U.S. illegally is criminally prosecuted.

“This policy is relatively new,” said Steven Wagner, an acting assistant secretary at the Department of Health and Human Services “We’re still working through the experience of reunifying kids with their parents after adjudication.”

yet another vivid eg of the incompetence of the Trump administrations, self-inflicted wounds upon self-inflicted wounds

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/no-clear-plan-yet-on-how-to-reunite-parents-with-children

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that in a case where there was inadequate space, a temporary holding area could look like that....and the parents aren't given specifics about their kids while in county.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You do realize that in a great many county jails, prisoners can make calls very nearly at will, right?

#89 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's great about someone like you is that you can make a statement like this that has literally nothing to do with what I just said and yet you'll still think it was a competent rebuttal.

10. GladiatoRowdy

For example...

[​IMG]

11. GladiatoRowdy

You claimed that prisoners in county jail aren't given specifics about their kids. Given that they can make a phone call at any time, your contention is simply false, you're making assumptions and pretending they are reality.

As usual.

#92 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    SF3isBack!! likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

=) that looks like the set of OZ.

joshuaao likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never said anything about phone calls.....so.....maybe pay more attention next time if you don't want to look like a moron.

By all means, go back and attempt to find me saying anything at all about it. Like I said, your statement had nothing at all to do with what I said, you are just too stupid to realize it, and it's really kind of sad.

14. GladiatoRowdy

"The Fairfax County Sheriff's Office is responsible for the approximately 1,100 inmates that stay in the county's jail, known as the Adult Detention Center."

Image description...

15. GladiatoRowdy

If you don't want to look like a moron, don't pretend that what you said doesn't imply what it clearly did. Prisoners in county jails are given ample information about the condition of their children. Just a fact.

Insults, assumptions, and denial that you implied what you clearly did. The sad part is, you'll just keep pretending and lying.

16. conquistador#11

oh I wasn't questioning it. It's just what it reminded me of.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no, it really didn't imply ANYTHING about phone calls, it seems you're just really stupid and that made you read it wrong.

Prisoners in county are not given specific information about where their children are being held in most instances....even if you don't know that.

Another fun thing about you is that you aren't smart enough to just take the L, you'll keep on going as if you didn't make yourself look like a complete moron.

18. GladiatoRowdy

Another insult devoid of intelligent or logical argument. Color me unsurprised.

If a prisoner has access to a phone, they can get information about their children. In most cases, they can get in touch with and communicate with their children even if they are in foster care unless there was abuse. You implied such prisoners would have the same complete lack of information about their children as the immigrants being separated from their parents over the last few weeks. This is untrue, it is a lie, and as usual, you are a liar.

No, they usually know before they go into jail and in the case where the convicted criminal is the sole guardian and provider, is also generally given time to make arrangements for the care of the child. I'm sorry you're assuming otherwise, but as usual, your assumptions are simply false.

And, wrap the denial and assumption sandwich with more insults. Your schtick is getting old.

superfob likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So all of these kids should get taken by Texas CPS as foster kids and, I guess, permanent residents until they're 18?

This is a good plan.

Think it through and explain more, incelthegreat