1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to sign a 'preemptive' measure to keep migrant families together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 20, 2018.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Hopefully no one. But I'm not hopeful.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

In no way could any reasonable person believe that illegal immigrants get more rights than American citizens.

Of course, you're not even remotely reasonable, so it makes sense that you would believe such complete bullsh!t.

London'sBurning likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Between this and the whole mar1juana fiasco I won't be happy with Trump until he at minimum shoots Jeff Sessions out of a cannon at the moon.

4. conquistador#11

It's not a good look to purposely separate innocent children and hold them for a political ransom. You're not presidente Maduro just YET.
    Proud to be an American! the courts and the press are essential to us not becoming everything we've fought against in the past. The religions, some which I thought would not speak up, they also get a huge standing ovation. The republican leaders that stood up. Rafael Cruz ftw?! And never underestimate the power of MEXICAN food!

But let's get back to the beautifully talented press. Can you believe Stephanie Ruhle is in her 40s. And Mariana Atencio, she could easily be Ms. Venezuela but instead she is working to spread the truth out for FREE! BE THANKFUL!

If president Trump really wants to hurt limp Ds, he should waive his big Pardon stick over their faces and pardon any immigrant that is not a criminal with legal residency status. If they are bad hambres, re open alcatraz and fire them there! He can do that.

Do it, mr. Trump. You will be more beloved than commissar putin all over latin america. they will build statues out of clean gold just for you.
    that can be you taking pictures with God. ( Putin and God below)
    [​IMG]

But this is what will happen... Fox news will bring every single one of their "reporters" that the president loves tonight and they will shame him like we do. Trump will go into a mini depression in which he will get some other crazy idea on how to win a war. not easy being donald?!!

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they get to keep their kids with them when they are facing criminal detention then yes, that's a right they get that American citizens don't.

I know, you are clearly one of the easy marks that the DNC propaganda was directed at so there's no rational argument that will help you see the light on this one.....so I'm not really going to try. I know by now that you are a lost cause.

6. GladiatoRowdy

You do realize that American citizens who are convicted on criminal charges and sentenced to prison are generally given a LOT of time (I personally know a woman who was allowed over six months) to arrange for the care of their children before they have to report for prison, right?

You won't try because you don't have the ability to form a rational argument.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

1) it's becoming a common practice that mothers of small (under 3) children often get to stay with them in prison (after actual conviction)

2) when a US citizen parent is held or jailed the children are sent to the closest relative or, if need be, foster care

3) US citizens could never actually face a situation like this since being an asylum seeker is an essential part of the equation

Tl;Dr - you're talking out of your ass and comparing apples to oranges again

8. conquistador#11

It's begun...expect raggedy anne on fox and friends

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

oh stop crying

Deckard likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Republicans are the most horrid people now. They used to just be kinda dumb but now they are outright destable despicable liars.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Ann Coulter should bump uglies with Stephen Miller and create the ultimate dead eyed psychopath.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So Trump lied when he said he couldn't do anything.

Hmm, I'm surprised. NOT.

Stephen Miller is taking the fall for this too watch. Trump will push him onto the sword.

#32 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So I’m confused...are you unhappy he’s reversing the policy and that he listened to the outcry against it?

Anyhow, I didn’t really understand the point of the policy since the administration said the vast majority of the kids coming over weren’t accompanied by adults and I didn’t understand who it was really deterring. Also, the large majority of the kids coming over with adults were with people who were their parents from the data I saw. The policy never made much sense from their perspective and it affected a very small percentage of illegal immigration cases from how it seemed.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So keeping families together while their parents await a hearing on a misdemeanor charge is a right Americans don’t have?

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#37 Rashmon, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In a news story published Tuesday by The Hill headlined "Schumer rejects GOP proposal to address border crisis," the writer included this paragraph: "Asked if that meant Democrats would not support a bill backed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to keep immigrant families together while seeking asylum on the U.S. border, Schumer said they want to keep the focus on Trump."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/393069-schumer-rejects-gop-proposal-to-address-border-crisis

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You're right this is what I wanted (pending details on actual EO). He's still an ******* for causing a crisis in the first place. And, I still believe it would be better for the executive branch to maintain status quo until legislative reform is passed. But, for the most immediate need, I'm glad he's caved on that at least.

Astrodome likes this.
  20. GladiatoRowdy

The writer could just have accurately included this statement...

Asked if that meant that Democrats would not allow Trump to manufacture a crisis specifically designed to blackmail the party into voting for funding for a wall, Schumer refused to answer by stating they want to keep the focus on the fact that Trump manufactured this crisis himself.