1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I have. So how are Jewish people playing identity politics?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

How are they not? Religion in politics.... never.

3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t see it. Obviously you have so explain

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I guess you will have to get over it because I know what you are about. I have nothing else to say to someone as intellectually dishonest as you. Best of luck to you. I bet you will take this out of context too.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I thought as much. I know what you are about. A lot of people do. Too bad you are too afraid to show your true colors openly.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

See already taking things out of context to smear me. You are intllectually dishonest and a coward. You would say the same about any comment I make about jewish identity politics regardless so I won't play your game.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

For the prisoner, it's something to do in a place without a lot of entertainment. But the practice of using prison labor is problematic. By demanding only minimum wage from customers, they undercut prices charged by competitive suppliers of call center services. And, it creates a moral hazard for the prison when they make a profit center out of their inmate population. The act itself of having prisoners call for the campaign isn't that problematic, but supporting the for-profit prison model is. So props to Bloomberg for stopping it when he learned about it. He hasn't always been so perceptive about when his practices had the effect of persecuting people.

8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

LEAKED AUDIO: Mike Bloomberg mocked Obama and said he would use drone strikes on enemies if elected in 2020

RawStory.com
    February 24, 2020 By Bob Brigham

Yet another recording has emerged of former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg as the billionaire campaigns for the presidency.

“Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg said at a private event in 2016 that his presidential campaign platform would have been to “defend the banks” and also labeled the progressive movement and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, now a rival for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, as ‘scary,'” CNN reported Monday.

The comments were reportedly made at a Goldman Sachs event at Yankee Stadium.

“The left is arising. The progressive movement is just as scary,” Bloomberg said. “Elizabeth Warren on one side. And whoever you want to pick on the Republicans on the right side?”

“Well, to start, my first campaign platform would be to defend the banks, and you know how well that’s gonna sell in this country,” Bloomberg added.

“But seriously,” he continued, “somebody’s gotta stand up and do what we need. A healthy banking system that’s going to take risks because that’s what creates the jobs for everybody. And nobody’s willing to say that. The trouble is, these campaigns in this day and age, really are about slogans and not about issues anymore. And in this election you’re going to see people are voting and they either love or hate, mostly hate both, but who you hate the least. That’s what they’re going to vote for. And they’re not going to vote on issues.”

Bloomberg also referred to the Goldman Sachs crowd as “my peeps.”

Audio here . . .

Bloomberg better call in sick tomorrow night!

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's clearly telling jokes here. And not on the "Russia if you're listening" type of way.

But then, since you're some random posting from RAW STORY it doesn't matter I guess.

jiggyfly and AleksandarN like this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I was about to update my post with a link to CNN. Since you've gotten to the bottom of it, I guess there's no need.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol let me know when you get a leaked audio clip of him asking if they have Prince Albert in a can.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bloomberg sounds more Republican than Trump

Space Ghost likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

Why are people wringing their hands over how to stop Bernie from winning the nomination and not worrying instead on how to stop Bloomberg from doing so?

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I bet he goes Ross Perot... he doesn't need the nomination

15. JuanValdez

I wouldn't be surprised. He's a total mercenary -- a Democrat who found an advantage running as a Republican in New York for years, and then returning to the Democrat brand to run for president. Sanders has more party loyalty than this guy. But Bloomberg really does fall in the middle of the parties, and I can see him pulling voters from both parties. If the DNC nominee is Sanders, an independent Bloomberg probably delivers the election for Trump. If the DNC nominee is a moderate, he'd probably hurt Trump more.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

NO FREAKING WAY YOU SAID THIS!!!!

[​IMG]

T_Man

foh likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you miss the but seriously part?

We should have some posters saying how unfair this is to take him out of context, right?

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because people think he would make a better president?

And yes their are certainly people worrying about stopping Bloomberg how have you missed that?

20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Did you listen to his speech? Do you think he was joking when he was talking about Elizabeth Warren and the progressive movement, or that he wrote a backhanded endorsement of Obama?

Don't kid yourselves, he's going to be vilified for these statements. And soon. Let's see how he responds.