1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"I only expect the black media to uphold standards of excellence in journalism." -Bill Cosby
    _____

Bill Cosby hides behind wife, race card

A week doesn't go by without Bill Cosby falling farther from grace.

Now the accused serial sexual abuser and one-time comic has found a way to make himself appear even worse: He's hiding behind his wife -- and -- the race card.

Unlike in past eras, Cosby is mum these days. He doesn't want to respond to the mounting evidence and numbers of women who say Cosby took delight in drugging them before having non-consensual sex with them.

In a few cryptic remarks recently made to the New York Posts' Page Six column, Cosby expressed support for his wife and the black media.

Other notable creeps have done the same, from politicians to actors to everything in between. Now Cosby is playing that card.

And he's doubling down by playing the race card too. He told Page 6 "I only expect the black media to uphold standards of excellence in journalism." Journalism sees no color. I know Cosby knows that, but he has few public friends at this point and may he's hoping black journalists will give him a free ride on this story. I don't believe that will happen.

link

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Well isn't that cute.

But to be real, what evidence has been presented? Is a bunch of women coming forward decades later evidence?

The fact that he isn't responding shouldn't be regarded to any admission of guilt. How do you respond to these types of accusations at 70+ years old? How many times do you have to declare your innocence? Public relations 101, don't bring attention to the negative. It's like declaring "I did not beat my wife with a stick!" Well then what stick did you use?!!?!

I'm not saying he didn't do what they say he did. But I do think it's ridiculous to pretend there is any evidence that implicates Cosby in any illegal manner. Unfortunately, women do lie in circumstances even as these -- they are of course, human.

Now that being said, it's hard to not believe Cosby likely was, at the very least, NOT what he portrayed himself to be it, ie a family man. But I have a hard time accepting these women's accusations as fact. It's not my fault they didn't report them to police (although I think one victim said they laughed at her?)...I don't know I just don't like to believe any of these hollywood stories anymore. I put much more faith in the judicial system than the court of public opinion.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He might be going away now. And that's a rough 24.

4. downbytheriver

Lol, I predicted this would happen early in the thread. He's now under police investigation. Would like to know what his wife and Oprah have to say after this - i am sure faux outrage and surprise.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In a court of law, given statutes of limitation? Not at all.
    But in a court of fellow citizenry who understand Occam's Razor? You bet.

20 liars, with incredibly consistent stories, some with nothing at all to gain...
    OR
    1 very powerful liar, with everything to lose?

Hmmmm. Now, what could possibly be going on here?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bill Cosby goes all in.
    _____

Bill Cosby sues women who accused him of sexual assault

Bill Cosby, accused by more than 40 women of sexual assault, has filed a lawsuit claiming that several of them lied about him for financial gain.

Mr Cosby, 78, is seeking unspecified monetary damages and said the women inflicted emotional distress.

He called their accusations "nothing more than an opportunistic attempt to extract financial gain from him".

He filed the countersuit after seven of his accusers went to court seeking damages from the actor.

Their lawsuit alleges Mr Cosby and his representatives sought to tarnish their reputations after they went public with their claims of sexual misconduct.

Mr Cosby has repeatedly denied the accusations and has never been criminally charged.

However, the accusers say Mr Cosby - over a period of decades - plied them with alcohol, drugged them and sexually assaulted them.

The lawsuit contends that the women "engaged in a campaign to assassinate" his reputation and character.

Mr Cosby has admitted in court proceedings that he obtained and gave women sedatives over the years, but he maintained that the women took the drugs willingly.

link

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he is accused of sexual assault by 40+ women and he is only suing a few of them for false accusations...well, that doesn't look very good for him.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, apparently only 7 of those 40 are suing him. So if his claim is that they're doing it only for financial gain, it dos make sense that he would only sue those 7 that are suing him.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

This reminds me of the Lance Armstrong denials and shenanigans.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Bill Cosby to Be Charged in 2004 Case

Two people familiar with a prosecutor's decision say Bill Cosby will be charged in the investigation of an alleged sexual assault more than a decade ago.

The two people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because Montgomery County prosecutors had yet to make the announcement.

It's the first criminal charges against Cosby over his conduct with women, which has received new scrutiny in the past year.

A former Temple University employee told police the comedian drugged and violated her at his home near Philadelphia. Prosecutors are set to announce the results of their investigation Wednesday morning.

A previous district attorney declined to charge Cosby in 2005.

The 78-year-old comedian previously said under oath that he had consensual sexual contact with the woman.

Prosecutors reopened the case as new evidence was unsealed in the woman's related civil case and dozens of women came forward with similar accusations.[/rquoter]

11. percicles

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">EXCLUSIVE: Arrest warrant issued for Cosby for alleged sexual assault of Andrea Constand <a href="https://t.co/vKYu679bJR">https://t.co/vKYu679bJR</a> <a href="https://t.co/WtNl1sBzn4">pic.twitter.com/WtNl1sBzn4</a></p>&mdash; People magazine (@people) <a href="https://twitter.com/people/status/682209657448955904">December 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

12. VanityHalfBlack

Damn. It's over now.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

only begun . . .this situation has!

Rocket River

14. percicles

His bail has been set at $1 million!!!!

[​IMG]

#214 percicles, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  15. VanityHalfBlack

I wanna see which celebrity has his back. This is going to be interesting.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Prolly Morgan Freeman

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. That is chump change to him . .. probably in the sofa of his couch
    2. is he blind in one eye?

Rocket River

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

$1m

Is that right?
    They consider him that much of a flight risk, or that much a danger to society during pre-trial/trial?

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When will this kid file a claim? That clearly wasn't very comfortable for his anus.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hate crime.