1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

So the guy is near 80, enjoyed a long and wildly successful career and won't see the inside of a court room (outside of the civil suits) much less a day in jail despite being a serial rapist and maybe even a child molester.

I'd say he would probably take that and consider it a win. Sick SOB.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Cosby should be a Marvel Villain for pulling this off.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What's his power?

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Being able to make people fall asleep.

5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can't get any funnier than this sequence of three posts in a row.

8. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

this
    smh
    society gets it wrong AGAIN

9. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rLkWODqzGK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Just caught up to this story. What a monster. Sex Addiction 101. 26 women is a lot of women, and that's likely only half of what we already know.

12. downbytheriver

Big difference between sex addiction and drug/rape addiction. That is the darkest form of sadism , everyone from judd apatow to chris rock have come out saying they know people close to the situation and no lies have been told.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting Beverly Johnson column in Vanity Fair yesterday. It's the same sort of story, but spiked coffee this time, in the 80's, when she was a young phenom.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2014/12/bill-cosby-beverly-johnson-story

"It’s nuts, I know, but it felt oddly inappropriate arguing with Bill Cosby so I took a few sips of the coffee just to appease him.

Now let me explain this: I was a top model during the 70s, a period when drugs flowed at parties and photo shoots like bottled water at a health spa. I’d had my fun and experimented with my fair share of mood enhancers. I knew by the second sip of the drink Cosby had given me that I’d been drugged—and drugged good.

[Editor’s Note: Cosby’s attorneys did not respond to Vanity Fair’s requests for comment.]

My head became woozy, my speech became slurred, and the room began to spin nonstop. Cosby motioned for me to come over to him as though we were really about to act out the scene. He put his hands around my waist, and I managed to put my hand on his shoulder in order to steady myself.

As I felt my body go completely limp, my brain switched into automatic-survival mode. That meant making sure Cosby understood that I knew exactly what was happening at that very moment.

“You are a mother****er aren’t you?”

That’s the exact question I yelled at him as he stood there holding me, expecting me to bend to his will. I rapidly called him several more “mother****ers.” By the fifth, I could tell that I was really pissing him off. At one point he dropped his hands from my waist and just stood there looking at me like I’d lost my mind."

The whole column is interesting, especially her preamble about not wanting to go public.

14. downbytheriver

That's a pretty neutral stance you've taken -- how do you really feel about cosby? People with brains knew from the start he's guilty, and now as more revelations come out, do Cosby supporters feel any guilt for adding to the victim shaming mentality that dominates rape cases in this country?

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Heard Bill Cos is in big troubs for illegal carnal passions. Didn't think to buy a babe a hot meal and put on some 'logne? Idiot.</p>&mdash; Karl Welzein (@DadBoner) <a href="https://twitter.com/DadBoner/status/535937045869649920">November 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What? Ye---eahh...

If you want to know my opinion (? why ?): he is a ****ing monster and the more of this that comes out the better. That's my opinion. As I've already posted in this thread, it's kind of personally painful b/c I thought he was so great when I was a little kid.

I was just sharing an article b/c I hadn't seen it posted. She's a well-regarded person, so the sources on this get increasingly unassailable.

If you want to stir up debate about this, and/or create straw men to argue against, that'd best be taken up in Debate & Discussion.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am shocked that . . he has been enabled by everyone around him for over 40 years.

Beverly's admission is all fine and good. . but could have save a whole lot of other women some heartache. Now . . . when it is relatively consequence free and safe cause other braver women came out [and Hannibal Burress] . . .she is just another voice in the chorus.

Rocket River

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Seems weird no one has come out about this in all the years of his prime. You'd think one person would say something about it to the authorities to get him arrested while they still had DNA evidence of his rape. You'd also think some of these women would've gotten pregnant by him. Alot of things don't add up, but hey, 26 women say he did it, so it seems pretty conclusive.

19. downbytheriver

Complaints started in the 80's - a major lawsuit was settled out of court in 2006 with 14 women prepared to testify.

Add to that the invincibility he had during his prime and the fact all these women were drugged and shamed so they weren't sure who they could corroborate with or turn to and it absolutely makes sense. Things have changed for the better today [[a bit]] but back then power was everything. Far bigger coverups went on.

20. Precision340

Precision340 Member

don't eat that jell-o pudding pop from fat albert!!