1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF - Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft 2012-13

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 16, 2012.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ziggy- I think I gave you a concussion. ON TO THE TOILET BOWL!

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Actually considering starting Russell Wilson at QB next week. In the title game. He's had a ridiculous 7 week run.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

The end result of starting Freeman over Ryan is like a dagger to the heart. Oh well... I guess that's what happens when you try to get too cute.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I knew someone else who started Freeman over Ryan, he still lucked out and won. I get him in the finals next week. Yeah, I'll talk about other leagues in here since I suck in this one.Deal with it.

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

See you for the championship Sam.

Man I had my worst game of the season and still pulled this one out.

6. fadeaway

Congrats Pete. This loss really stings. It would have been great to face Sam in the finals.

Good luck.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Good match Sam I am. Nice win. The Patriots did me in late. If I were you I would start Schaub. That said, Fade almost won his qb bait and switch with a -1. lol.

8. fadeaway

Congrats, Sammy. Well deserved.

I can take some comfort knowing that I would not have beaten your squad this week, had I made it.

Calvin Johnson for fantasy MVP.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Congrats Sam, in the end your team was just too damn good.

I should have never let Wilson go so early!

Great season too all, I had a blast. There are a lot of guys on my roster I would like to keep, interesting to see how everything works out later on.

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Woo! My highest score ever, easily, and in the biggest game of the season! Megaton was definitely my MVP, but Lynch was just as key holding down a RB slot I had no depth in. I feel like the WR-heavy drafting strategy was vindicated, along with the gut call to switch QBs in the Super Bowl week.

Was lots of fun playing and winning again this season. Thanks to those who played their butts off til the end, and especially Rook for running things as usual. Looking forward to a chance for title defense next season, maybe even upping the keeper total from 1 to 2 or even 3.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Also I hope we continue to do IDP format no matter what website we use. Thanks again Rook.

12. LonghornFan

Completely not down with having more keepers. 1 is enough. I understand keeper league baseball, not football though. Just my opinion.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just fix the thing where you can possibly get the #1 pick in both rounds 1 & 2 with no penalty. That's dumb. Guys like me will wind up with Marshall and the 12th pick while y'all bozos get Rodgers (keeper) and Rice with the 1st pick.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's whatever to me on the keeper thing, honestly... I have someone interested in joining, so if there's a possibility of the league expanding or someone deciding to jump ship I know a guy that'll be available.

15. fadeaway

If we're voting, then I'll vote the same as I did before --- to not have keepers at all. I'll be playing regardless, but would still prefer a fresh start each year.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I like keeper. 1 is enough. I don't care if we determine the draft order based on points rank or random. I don't think it will matter much since most folks have at least one guy that is first round material. And if they don't, we proved last year plenty of trades available to get one.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I say you either decide whether you want to keep a player, or you have the option to wait until the lottery to either keep a player from last year or trade out your first round selection for that player - no matter where you drafted. That way someone can't keep Foster and draft Peterson next year to have both.

You get to choose whether you keep your first rounder or keep a player from last year.

That is my suggestion, and I vote for it.

18. LonghornFan

I'm really with Fade on this. I don't like keepers in football at all. I'd also be down with Moes post, but our dumbasses would figure out how to break it and we wouldnt be able get nice things anymore.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is actually what I thought we were doing last year.

20. Pete Chilcutt

About 2 months away...too early? :p