1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sharks @ Rockets 9/30/2019 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Ryan fits with the team on paper, the problem is that he's not going to be able to hit shots consistently at home for that issue he has with depth perception, and that's not going to change.

Overall i agree though, it's going to suck if we end up losing guys like Hartenstein, Clark, Clemons to keep Nene and Ryan.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Bye Nene with much love

D-rock likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s not sleeping. The dude hasn’t played a single good NBA game. I can’t say how the front office views him, but it’s pretty risky to use the spot on someone with zero experience over a vet like Ryno who is familiar with our team.

BasketMAD likes this.
  5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

lol they were definitely laughing and attending baseball games and concerts before the tough times hit, but keep the optimism alive.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Nene done?

cdrive, ak99999 and D-rock like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL its gonna be a long preseason for this fool

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nene washed and should have never been re-signed.
    Anderson still sucks and should have never been re-signed.

BasketMAD, Fulgore, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

years from now when Anderson is playing in China and you're bumping old Ryno threads, you'll regret these words

Remlap and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ won't play until 10/8.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

• clemons deserves a spot
    • mclemore shot well but was out of position at times on D. I'd like to see how he does against NBA teams the next few games.
    • ryno showed nothing, against a CBA team. he's washed.
    • jury is still out on clark and harty. they both stayed active and showed some nice scoring touch, but both played really inconsistently on defense.
    • blossomgame was very active but just seemed to do well because he was more athletic than the competition. won't have that advantage against nba teams.
    if I had to guess, clemons, mclemore, clark, harty make the team. that leaves 1 spot left between nene, ryno, Bennet, and blossomgame. looks like nene will beat ryno by default for the last spot and either bennet or blossomgame will get the last 2 way contract.

Koperboy, Rashmon, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess I'll play along with all these hot takes. Harden's "new move" looks horrible.

14. macan

macan Member

can we cut Nene? he's kinda useless now that we have Tyson.

ak99999 likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Just back from the game, Chris Clemons is just pure entertainment, a joy to watch. I know the competition was suspect but I hope we can keep and development him. If he can learn to play simple defense at his height could be the next IT. He has that type of talent and confidence.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

was trying to just post the remix but it’s not cooperating. It’s a couple tweets down.

...and now I see you beat me to it anyway damn you @J.R.

#336 tmoney1101, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  17. wesbound

wesbound Member

Yep.... I really hope that **** is not his new move. lol
    If it is, it looks like an injury about to happen move.
    I think his new move is the "bring the ball behind the back while doing a step back" for a 3.

18. bmd

bmd Member

Ryan Anderson is basically a spot-up shooter. He didn’t do much because he needs guys like Harden and Westbrook to set him up for open shots.

He played a lot with back-ups who aren’t good at getting him the ball in his spots.

So just because he didn’t do much tonight doesn’t mean he’s washed up. He just didn’t get many opportunities like he would with the regular rotation.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Disappointing in Gary and iHart. Gary's 3 is just wildly inconsistent (I'm talking warm ups too) and iHart is a clumsy hunchback. Hate to give up on young players but not sure how much either can improve on their respective issues. You trying to win a championship, those guys are 14th and 15th at best and honestly they are more a liability then an asset for a championship chasing team.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t care if Rivers is playing defense against a semi pro team. He will defend very well when it matters. He has some dawg in him.

Deuce, ROXTXIA, IvanLCPM and 6 others like this.