1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sharks @ Rockets 9/30/2019 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 30, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol bro u dont know basketball nene is tough n can hit a junper... n tyson just as old. So wouldnt both together make one good back up, unless you one of the fools who think Isiah deserves time even tho the coaches that watch him see he a scrub. Trust me. If he was good he would play over 2 40 year olders

roslolian likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So in a joke game u cant hit wide open shots? Also in a joke game u cant not look clumsy(isiah) come on bro u take nothing from the good. It's no way u should look bad tho in a joke game

roslolian likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

This was a practice, yall do know you can evaluate players in practice too lol. So the people saying u cant take anything from a joke game are wrong.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't be a proper wild overreaction without that take

roslolian and amaru like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

McLemore showed out for me. Throwing in 15 points off the bench didn’t even seem hard for him. The transition game too! Easy buckets. Hopefully MDA has committed to 10 (or more) guys getting regular minutes, they’ve certainly stockpiled on rotation level players. Shake it up around your core of RW, Gordon, Harden, Tucker, Capela. Find the hot hand or the mismatch every night and roll with them.

I’d take DMo back too.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Check your internet address bar and remember where you are posting. This is par for the course on CF lol

Nelly and hakeem94 like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the rockets played a bunch of blind people
    Clutchfans would criticize the Rockets

amaru likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have Mike D’Antoni’s playbook for Shanghai .

here it is.

amaru likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

I'm surprised nobody has called Morey a bad GM for signing Ryan instead of *insert fringe NBA player*

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Some thoughts....

* Young wing Jaron Blossomgame has almost no shot to make the roster. But I loved what I saw from him last night in terms of a long/athletic wing that can rebound. He lead the team with 12 rebounds. Just goes to show you what a long wing can do to help the team.

* Loved what I saw from Chris Clemons last night. He shot the ball well and made excellent PG reads on his dribble drives. Probably should have had more assists if players made their shots. He likely is a 2-way guy (Viper) this season. Has potential to be 3rd PG on roster.

* The battle for the 15th roster spot is going to include McLemore, Bennett and Frazier. McLemore made his case last night with a nice shooting game. Bennett & Frazier are banged up a bit, but they better get back soon to make their cases. (McLemore feels very duplicative of Gerald Green).

* Last night #HomeRyan was 0-2 on 3's. (At least he shot them without hesitation.) Anderson also played backup C for a number of minutes. We could see that more on nights where Chandler is not playing.

* Harden and Westbrook are buddies, but Harden better watch out.....Westbrook and Gerald Green were getting pretty chummy on the Rockets bench last night.

* James Harden pushed the pace in last nights game. This is a team goal to play faster. But key in pushing the pace is having wings and bigs running the floor as options. Capela did a good job to make himself a target. Hope this trend continues in the upcoming games.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I say we send James down to the Gleague so he can experiment with the shot with real game time experience. Russ can carry the team while James perfects himself.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I'm curious because I didn't watch the Rockets much throughout the regular season in 2016-17. How were they so high in pace if Harden is traditionally a slow-paced player?

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

17. riko

riko Member

Harden became a rockets player in 2012. That team was fast .

roslolian and vlaurelio like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He may seem to move slower compared to steph but the team scores just as fast and efficiently when he is on the court.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well its def not a good sign Scrubberson cant hit shots in a joke game. If he is 0/2 vs Shanghai Sharks he might be -6 pts vs legit comp. No wonder the team gave him a significantly unguaranteed guaranteed contract.

20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Hmmm, I've just seen several stats that match the eye test (his dribble-out-the-clock ISO ball). The Rockets slowed down in the past few years with him out there.