1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zelda: A link to the past vs Ocarina of time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Which one do you think is better

Poll closed May 12, 2014.
  1. A Link to the Past

25 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Ocarina of Time

54 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. BonziWellsGOAT

For all you video game nerds like myself.....Which Zelda game is better/preferable to you?

Im giving the slight edge to ocarina of time. Emphasis on the slight part.
    It was game changing the way they brought Hyrule to life with the then new 3D graphics. A Link to the Past was awesome and had the better bosses in my opinion but Ocarina of time had a bigger impact on me and the gaming world imo.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

I played the original Zelda and the Adventure of Link. Haven't seen any others since then.

3. BonziWellsGOAT

Dude you gotta try one of those two

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I've heard Ocarina of Time is one of the best video games ever, if not the best.

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Ocarina of Time for me. I still think it is the greatest game of all time and still play it frequently.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is, but so is Link to the Past (I've never seen it #1, but it is frequently a top 10).

G4 released a Top 100, and had Ocarina at #11 & Link to the Past at #2 (original was at #6).

Meanwhile, IGN had the inverse with Ocarina at #2 & Link to the Past at #11.

Edit: For me, it is A Link to the Past.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Ocarina of Time for me. Played both of them numerous times through the end. Just finished to the ending of LTTP on my phone for the first time actually. I enjoy LTTP more than I do a lot of other games. But Ocarina of Time is just on another level for me. By far my favorite of all time.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever. There's plenty of amazing games since, but nothing will ever match the feeling I had playing the first time.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Never played ocarina of time.

But link to the past was fantastic.

That and red dead redemption are my two favorite games of all time.

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Wait you can play lttp on your phone??? I dont see it on android. Damn id actually pay money for this

11. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Ehhh, I'm old school. Are we talking about Link to the Past for Super Nintendo? Or was this also made for another system? Never played Ocarina of Time.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was released for SNES, yes. And you definitely have to play OoT when you have the time.

As for OP: I'm not quite sure, both are in my favourite games of all-time list. Link to the Past had a bit more flair and greater bosses in my opinion, also loved the Shadow World. Soundtrack was out of this world, so many memories when listening to the tracks.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nintendo does not release their games on mobile devices.

Would have to be through an emulator.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yup, there are emulators for every console out there on Google Play store for your android device.

coolrom.com is the largest source for the games, just download them and put them on your device along with the emulator.

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yup through an emulator. Been playing Super Mario RPG as well. Pm me if you want info.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

I paid 4 bucks for an emulator on Google play. It's called super gnes. It's worth it for sure. All the roms are free

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Best in my opinion is Snes9x EX+, plus it's free. Really great layout and tons of options.

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Just downloaded it. It's really good. Escpecially the D-Pad but the super gnes has a bigger screen and i like that it has cover art and the original color scheme. But all in all cant go wrong either way

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have a hacked Wii with all SNES games on it. I had never played Link to the Past until last year.

Amazing game. Genuinely unique and ahead of it's time.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What do you mean with bigger screen? Snes9x uses full screen, or do you talk about something else?