1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zac: Please Read

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

<deleted message>

#1 Manny Ramirez, Dec 13, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2002
  2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Manny I am seriously considering chopping that up and summarizing in a more subtle tone. I know there are a few guys that expressed last nite that they wished the sim moved faster but I don't think calling Zac out in that tone is gonna get it done. I am not sure who would take over the sim that would be willing to sim 2 weeks a nite like the FBB sim. i know I considered taking it over when Haven left but I won't be any more consistent than it is now. I am not even sure of anyone else that has the game besides me and Nomar. As has been the case since the sim started the post season has always been slowed down so that the teams involved could make sure they made the correct moves. The offseason is always a difficult thing to speed thru because when you do some teams do not get to make FA moves (I know the truth in this because I have missed FBB FA 2 seasons in a row even with the slowness that it moved). This OOTP offseason we did 2 rounds of the draft with some teams actually making their picks instead of auto picking. In my opinion it took a long time to get thru that but it really would not have been fair for me to pick who I wanted then have 4 or 5 other managers miss out on players because they did not have a chance to tell Zac what they wanted. In the future I am all for doing a complete auto-draft unless you have a top 5-10 pick, at the most only the 1st round and let everyone know if they don't pick in x time they get auto'd(I myself will probably just say put me on auto anyway). I have gotten some really good players with the computer picking for me that I probably would not have chosen on my own .

I really don't know what Zac's motives are. Whether it is apathy,as you say, or just lack of time(hell for me this is one of my busiest times of the year) your post comes across as a little harsh for someone who has taken out his time to run the thing for us, no matter what pace it has gone.

CK

3. Heath

Heath Member

Zac, told everybody yesterday in chat that the season would continue January 14th, chill!

And I for one like the pace of the sims. I would not want a season to be simmed every day.

4. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

Yeah, to echo what Castor said. Manny, you have a legit complaint: 4 weeks for an offseason is a little much, BUT Zac told us he wouldn't be doing anything over Thanksgiving Break. Zac's in college, I'm suprised he's been doing anything but study for exams, personally.

Do I wish the season would have started earlier: Yes (namely because I haven't been able to do anything since the end of the regular season :) ). But also realize that taking out the 5-6 days for Thanksgiving, it's been closer to 3 weeks, which is only slightly longer than it normally takes to run the playoffs (remember, Zac does most of the playoffs live), draft, and FA. Just be patient, Zac's doing a pretty good job, and I certainly don't want Nomar running the show, with that crap-tastic Season 11 nonsense.

Just be patient, I know you're not the most patient person in the world, but relax. The league is not dying, Zac is not intentionally avoiding it (at least I don't get that impression). The season will start around January 14th, when everything has calmed down, and is back to normal.:)

#4 ChucklesG, Dec 13, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2002
  5. Nomar

Nomar Member

I'll take over for Zac if he no longer wants to sim.

I'd sim a lot more often.

Plus, we could revert back to Season 11.

All the old favorites would be brought back. Jule Hoff, JD Martin, Ryan Anderson, Hollywood Monroe, Foster Gonzales, and others.

And ChuckG would be kicked out, and a draft would be held to distribute the Cincinatti Reds players, because come on fellas, the Reds are just an embaressment to baseball.

As you were.

6. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

Sorry Nomar, Heath promised me if we go back to Season 11 I get to run the Cleveland Squad. You thought you could get rid of me so easily? HA HA. Go back to nailing Hamm.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thanksgiving, finals, winter break, etc., etc.

It's one hell of a busy season. Zac's doing this on his own time, and there are going to be times that it's impossible to sim, for extended periods.

But, Zac does a better job at attention to detail than any other commish here for any league. If that means the season takes a week or two longer, I could care less. However, what I do know from personal experience is that consistent bugging on "when's the season going to start, when are you simming" is what drives people away.

No matter what, I do suggest that Castor should try to summarize that. You may have a right to complain, but I don't think that tone is appropriate to use with someone who's given up so much of his own time to run this league.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually I am going to leave it as is. I re-read it and still think it is a little harsh but I am not going to censor Manny's opinions. Anyway after Zac reads it I won't have to ever worry about the Brewers becoming a contender in my division ;)

9. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Oh, you wanted an update between spring training and the regular season?

Okay, I can do that (assuming the ol' T1 or whatever this is lets me).

It's going slow, but it's going up.

I'm not stopping anybody who wants to take over the league from doing so, if everybody (or most, or whatever) wants them to.

Chuck, I think Heath pulled that January 14th number out of some Norwegian nether region, since I don't get back from Christmas break until Jan. 19th ;)... however, I was planning on making a bit of headway into the season before I leave here for home, which is the night of the 20th.
    Cat, you're my hero... :)

Hmm... don't really know what to say specifically to Manny. "Sorry, I suck"?

10. Heath

Heath Member

Damn you Zac, spoiling the joke both me and Chuck in cooperation tried to play on Manny - oh, well - I guess I would have to take it out on the Robins. Not needed you say? They are sucking it up anyway? Ok, then. :p

So Manny, the new word is. The season starts January 21st - how is that for you? ;)

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just want to go on record as saying that, unless Zac wants to quit running the league, I wouldn't want anyone else to be the commish. I think Zac is easily the fairest and most accomodating of anyone in our league, and he has a good deal more patience than most (which is on full display in this thread). I feel like if control were transfered to someone else, odds are they would become bored in a season or two and control would have to be transfered again. I am not seeing the lack of interest happening in Zac. I am seeing other duties slowing the league down a bit during the holidays...but as Cat said, that wait is well worth it for the quality job Zac does when he can find the time.

In short, keep up the good work, Zac. I don't know if we tell you often enough, but you are doing one hell of a job.

12. IVFL

IVFL Member

I also would like to say that I think Zac is doing a good job as the commish, but there is the selfish side of me that wants to wake up every morning to find a fresh sim right out of Zacs oven:D. Its probably good we have not been simming now though, it would just give me an excuse not to do homework. . . . .kinda like the reason I am replying to this thread

Really I dont mind the delays, However I do like a little heads up on when the season will begin, If school is too much for you to do the sim, just tell us. I am more than willing to wait for that. other than that, I am just glad to be apart of the leauge, its been much more fun than owning some fantasy team through Yahoo.

13. Manny Ramirez

Well, I guess I am a **** for starting this thread then. There has been a reason why I am not coming to chat anymore. I am glad to see that Zac is still interested in running this league.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but this following quote is an excellent one:
    If you could just let us know that there are going to be long delays in simming that WOULD be a big help. You also would never hear me complaining about it again.

14. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Zac D is the greatest commish ever.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Ditto.

Who else would have recovered the entire sim after it crashed for the 2nd time a while back?

I really don't mind some time in between seasons, although normally 3-4 weeks would be a long time. With the holidays and all, this is an exception. Once Zac does start any season, he's always consistent with 2 weeks almost every day. None of this a few weeks here, a few weeks there like it was sometimes in the old sim.

16. Heath

Heath Member

Do you mind me calling you out Manny? You editing out what you said is a chicken **** thing to do, and actually makes it seem like what you said was that much worse than it was (And I did read it you know from my early response). If you think this is harsh, so be it, but in a way it is in your defense. "Guys, what Manny said was not as bad as it seems by him removing it"

On a side note it is also abusing of the editing powers, which I understand is mostly to correct errors and not delete stuff you did say. It is a sad thing to think that you have to think about putting stuff in "quote" so people do not back out of what they did say.

17. Manny Ramirez

Heath,

I don't really give a rat's ass about it. It is just a message board. Obviously, no one agreed with me. Some felt that I came on too strong. I just acquiesed to the general consensus.

Meanwhile back in the real world, you'll have to excuse me as I try to get over this sinus infection. But if it makes you feel better, rail against me all you want, I don't give a damn about it.

18. Heath

Heath Member

Thats the Manny we all know and love. You know you should not go posting when you are not feeling well. It always makes irrational. Hope you get well soon.

19. Manny Ramirez

Makes what irrational, Heath??:p

Haha, must have gotten lost in the translation from Norwegian to English...;)

I'm just joking with you, so don't be like me and fly off the handle.:D

20. Heath

Heath Member

You can go bugger off. You know what I meant you damn .. damn... eh... oh ...

Well, good to have you back Manny :)

In case anyone wondered (and if so then you need your head examined :p) this post is totally tongue in cheek