1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Texans Wishlist

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Truth

Truth Member

Name three players you'd want the Texans to draft and three players you'd like them to aquire.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Charles Rogers!! Charles Rogers...and Charles Rogers!!

so much emphasis in protecting a QB gets put on the OL, and rightly so...but that's not the whole of the equation. Texans' receivers seem to have a hard time getting open, which means Carr is forced to improvise and face more pressure. having a breakaway receiver might take some additional pressure off him...combined with some free agent moves to help out the OL and lots of prayers for Boselli!

3. Summer Song Giver

Boston David WR Arizona Cardinals
    Jenkins Martay WR Arizona Cardinals
    McAlister Chris CB Baltimore Ravens
    Mulitalo Edwin OL Baltimore Ravens
    Price Peerless WR Buffalo Bills
    Colvin Rosevelt LB Chicago Bears
    White Dez WR Chicago Bears
    Spikes Takeo LB Cincinnati Bengals
    Adams Flozell OL Dallas Cowboys
    Page Solomon OL Dallas Cowboys
    Claiborne Chris LB Detroit Lions
    Holliday Vonnie DE Green Bay Packers
    Saturday Jeff OL Indianapolis Colts
    Williams Ricky RB Indianapolis Colts
    Darius Donovin S Jacksonville Jaguars
    Mack Stacey RB Jacksonville Jaguars
    Rainer Wali LB Jacksonville Jaguars
    Smith Larry DT Jacksonville Jaguars
    Wade John OL Jacksonville Jaguars
    Smith Brent OL Miami Dolphins
    Martin Steve DT New England Patriots
    Knight Sammy S New Orleans Saints
    Coles Laveranues WR New York Jets
    Webster Larry DT New York Jets
    Collins Mo OL Oakland Raiders
    Lechler Shane P/K Oakland Raiders
    Brzezinski Doug OL Philadelphia Eagles
    Cook Rashard S Philadelphia Eagles
    Anderson Matt OL Pittsburgh Steelers
    Jackson Darrell WR Seattle Seahawks
    Pace Orlando OL St. Louis Rams
    Nutten Tom OL St. Louis Rams
    St. Clair John OL St. Louis Rams

#3 Summer Song Giver, Dec 30, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2002
  4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Number one on the wishlist: Go Rams!

If the Niners win tonight, the Bears and Texans opponents records would be identical, forcing a coin flip to determine the third and fourth pick. I know the Bears are supposed to pick a QB, but you never know with these kinds of things. They could surprise us and sign one in free agency, trade the pick... who knows.

Go Rams!

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Which of those FA offensive lineman are stud's and which could we realistically get?

Personally, I don't see Boselli coming back for significant amounts of time to be as dominiating as he used to be.

6. dc sports

dc sports Member

Casserly had some interesting comments on the OL, and said that the draft is not the answer for their OL problems. He said that in the draft, even if you get a really good OL, he's still a rookie, and will make rookie mistakes. You basically get the same problems we have now. They plan to focus on getting their existing vets healthy (Boselli / Young), and impoving through FA and trades. They would use the draft to increase depth, with the intention of developing them for a few years.

The announcers BTW, said basically the same thing about the running backs, and that Wells could develop as a good backup, but that the Texans were shopping hard for a real star.

So, I'd vote for aquisition, possibly using a few of our draft picks in a trade. Shoring up the line will be thier main focus in the offseason, but I don't think it will be the main focus of the draft. They'll be looking to add depth.

7. Summer Song Giver

Mulitalo Edwin OG Baltimore Ravens
    Adams Flozell OT Dallas Cowboys
    Page Solomon OT Dallas Cowboys
    Pace Orlando OT St. Louis Rams
    St. Clair John OT St. Louis Rams

Of course Pace is a stud; the rest of these guys have pro bowl potential and were starters for their respective teams last year. If we could add Mulitalo and one of these tackles plus R.Young returning healthy and we'd be set up front.

My dream for o-line next year

T - Any one of the tackles listed above
    G - Mulitalo Edwin OG Baltimore Ravens
    C - Steve McKinney
    G - Chester Pitts
    T - Ryan Young

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Free Agents:
    1. Rosevelt Colvin LB Chicago Bears - Stud outside rusher the Texans nee.
    2. Stephen Davis RB Redskins - Definately an upgrade from what we've got.
    3. Flozell Adams OT Dallas Cowboys - He can play LT if Boselli can't make it back or can play OG if he can.
    5. Darius Donovin S Jacksonville Jaguars - No more Stevens please!

Draft:
    1. Jimmy Kennedy DT - Penn State - He can make our defense dominating.
    2. Antwan Peek, Boss Bailey, or Lee Suggs. If any fall to our pick in the second I would like all of them.

9. Summer Song Giver

And he's not even from China;)

I completely agree with you on Jimmy Kennedy

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

you're either not a cowboy fan, and thus, haven't paid attention to what they've done this year, or too big a cowboy fan, 'cause of both of those guys suck whales and are gutless, heartless quitters who the cowboys can't wait to get rid of.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Charles Rogers
    Ty Warren
    Any good safety to replace Stevens

12. Summer Song Giver

I would have edited, damn chinese and their board flooding:)

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Scheduling the Cowboys for 8 of our 16 games next season :D . If we then win 2 or 3 of the other games we did be in the playoffs (i.e. 8+2=10 wins).

On a more serious note, I fully trust Mr Casserly to make the best personnel decision here (although it looks like the might have blown the Bosseli acquization). All I want is 1000% increase in PROTECTION of David Carr (anyway possible) because if our priced QB is not healthy our goal of steadily developing into a SB team in a few years might as well go down the drain.

14. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

With the combine and other bowl games left to be played, it is hard to pinpoint what player exactly the Texans will be looking at. At this stage of building the team I think you still take the best player available. The team lacks depth, and it needs playmakers.

OL is not somehting that the Texans should address in the draft. If you pick an OL in the draft he is rookie . The Texans need a veteran to come in and learn the system quickly to help protect Carr. Perhaps an OL can be picked in the later rounds, but there is no OL that stands out in this draft.

Truthfully I'd like to see the Texans either take Charles Rogers (who I think will get picked second by the Lions) or Jimmy Kenedy to add to an already good defense. If a trade can be made to acquire extra picks (2nd and 3rd rounders) I say go for it. I also like the DE from Arizona State Terell Suggs, he would be great coming off the line on defense.

15. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Draft McGahee

F.A.- Peerless Price, David Boston, Orlando Pace, and Takeo Spikes.

Resign Avion Black to return punts.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

What a comeback! 28 unanswered! Rams win, Texans have the third pick.

17. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

YES! :cool:

18. Truth

Truth Member

Do ya'll think McGahee is worth the #3 pick? Even though I'm a die hard Miami fan, I just think that we can get more for the #3. Another question I wanted to ask is will Ontarrio Smith picked in the 1st round? If not, and he slips into the 2nd, I hope that we pick him up. If this is a realistic situation, they need to remember last year when they failed to get Clinton Portis and don't make the same mistake again.

19. Timing

Timing Member

Charles Rogers
    Willis McGahee
    Orlando Pace

In hindsight, it blows that we took Jabar Gafney ahead of Clinton Portis. :(

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

time will tell....clinton portis wouldn't have looked all that special running behind the texans offensive line this year...and the learning curve for rookie receivers is always higher than the learning curve for rookie running backs.