1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your opinion of Steve Kerr

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Mar 28, 2018.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I’m pretty sure he has a small penis

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Well we have a difference in opinion. So why are you surprised by my comments?This is a Rockets fan board.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

well the difference here of course is that moving screens are actually illegal under the nba rulebook, while harden's stepback 3 is not

riko likes this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

You do get it though, right? Nick. Nick Kerr.....

5. Game7

Game7 Member

Uhh...yeah. I responded.

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Can you dumb it down a little for me?"

Are you tinkering with my ticker?

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He was a one tool player in the NBA. He wouldn't be good enough to make it in the league now. You need at least 2 NBA level talents.

As an announcer he was a super douche.

GM.. he fired our guy when he was winning 60+ so I think he might have been mildly challenged mentally.

Coach.. all the tricks he learned from Pop and Phil got regurgitated.. now it's stopped working because he doesn't have any tricks of his own and his bag is empty.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's not a significant difference, in my opinion. Some screens are on the boundaries of qualifies as a moving screen in today's NBA (a rule that has always been contentious in how it is enforced -- see Mav's complaints against Yao's screens), and if a team does enough of those in their offense, they will be perceived as getting away with a massive number of illegal screens. Same thing with Harden and his step back this year. It's on the boundary of what's legal. Often times it is legal. But sometimes the legality is questionable, because when exactly the gather is completed is hard to gauge. But he does it so often, and refs are so used to giving it to him, that he gets the benefit of the doubt.

#67 durvasa, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

9. durvasa

It's not so much that I'm surprised. I just don't get the anger towards him. Almost everyone who has responded seems to despise him; and for what? I don't understand it.

Here's an article from this January where Kerr reflected on his time in Phoenix and his relationship with D'antoni.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01...e-regrets-how-he-handled-his-time-in-phoenix/

He is self-critical for things not working out, and is nothing but effusive in the respect he shows towards MDA. That does not strike me as arrogance at all.

The article closes with this:

As to the circumstances of D'antoni leaving:

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I want to know how he elevated the team so much after Mark, yet when he is absent even JB can go 25-1 with that squad filling in... so what gives

11. durvasa

Perhaps: In game coaching is overrated; instilling a system that matches your players talents and getting them to buy in to that system and know how to execute within that system is underrated.

BallSoHarden, fba34 and Easy like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It is of course a subjective feeling. The way he talks in the media does give me that impression. Like I said, the same can be said about Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, and Popovich. (BTW, Riley and Jackson were part of the reasons I'd been hating the Lakers for several decades.) D'Antoni has some of that, but not as much as those other coaches. Mark Cuban is too, in a different way.

To be honest, I feel that Morey comes across as smug in the media sometimes. I am sure a lot of non-Rockets fans don't like Morey. But those who know Morey (Batman Jones) personally feel that he is one of the nicest guys they've met. So I guess media persona is not always accurate. Heck, that Playboy model said that Donald Trump was nothing like what he showed in the media.

These are smart people. Smart people sometimes make smartass and seemingly condescending remarks in the media that come across as smug. I am not surprised.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not a good comparison on your part at all. GS entire halfcourt offense was predicated on getting shooters open with illegal moving screens. dozens and dozens per game. harden takes what, 5 stepback 3's a game? moreover, a dozen other players take the same exact shot (including KD) and don't get called for travelling. if ANY other team attempted even 5% of the illegal moving screens GS had incorporated into their offense, there'd be offensive fouls called left and right.

14. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

I was able to get a picture with Morey at memorial city mall a couple years ago. He was waiting outside a store for his daughter and was more than happy to take a picture. What was funny was the comment he made saying " I'm just waiting for my daughter, she wanted by some girly ****"

15. TheresTheDagger

16. riko

riko Member

Actually that one tool ( three point shot) would make him a valuable commodity in today’s three point happy league

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nope, you have to be able to defend. He couldn't.