1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your opinion of Steve Kerr

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Best thing you can say about Kerr is he has great assistant coaches and empowers them.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

He doesn't even know how to use his new iPhone.

Deuce, Invisible Fan and J.R. like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Hey Steve

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

He named his son Nick. I think nothing else needs to be said.

Snow Villiers and Game7 like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Utterly pretentious C.

I loathe him.

You just need to watch Chris Paul's reaction to his fake act to know just exactly what others think of him.

Not sure if he's just been tainted by that good old Golden State Warriors complexity that their entire organisation has, or he's just a regular run of the mill P.O.S

RiceRockets and J.R. like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know if we Rockets fans can be objective about Kerr now that we and them are rivals. He does come across as smug. But so are Riley, Jackson, and Pop. Yeah those guys have success to back them up. But one can argue that Kerr is having success in the past 4 years or so, and looks like it will continue for a few m ore years.

I wouldn't say that he's just lucky to get a talented team. You can say the same about Phil Jackson, Riley, and Auerback. Heck you can say that about MDA. The Warriors weren't that good before he coached the them. Green was a second rounder. Curry and Klay were just a shooters. He did install a system that let them thrive, much like MDA did to Harden's squard.

I've said it before. Coaches don't win games. But they can lose games. So "great coaches" is typically overrated. But bad coaches are real. If you have great talents, you don't need great coach to win, but a bad coach can definitely hold you back. Kerr is not a bad coach. Whether he is good or great doesn't really matter that much.

Tankeio likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

aren't all those traits in bold especially the last one can be true for anyone coacing GSW?

so the only thing which sets him apart based on your statement is he's unafraid to experiment as a coach

9. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Insightful

10. durvasa

What does it mean to come across as smug? Is D’antoni not smug, in contrast, and if so what is the difference between them?

11. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Overrated douche bag that rode in on the coats of Jordan, Popovich, and Mark Jackson. A biotch that inherited a great team and believes he is more than what he believes. He's the picture of a person that comes to mind as a bigot. He is what's wrong with America. Him losing to the Rockets in the playoffs is #2 on my bucket list.

12. durvasa

Him appearing to be a good guy with an affable personality when not in the sideline would apply to anyone who coaches the Warriors? OK.

That’s my impression of him, nonetheless. Not claiming it is anything probing or insightful.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Let's put it this way...*** kerr and the warriors.

Purvis2Short likes this.
  14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Difference is that our coach did not openly criticize their players. He goes out of his way to ridicule Harden.

15. durvasa

Just ask Grant Hill, who averaged 11.3 points and 5.5 rebounds for the 2009-10 Suns.

“I don’t know if there was a better people person, who could manage people and make people feel good about themselves,” Hill told Awful Announcing. “He knew when to say the right thing. Whether addressing the entire team, pulling a couple of players aside, walking past each other in the hallway, calling you to go grab a coffee, he had real good instincts in being able to understand and read people.”

“When you see him deal with people or take on new challenges, it’s not surprising to any of us here that he would be successful,” Vertino added. “He has a way about him that is, I think, disarming when you deal with him. He’s very easy to talk to and to open up with. And I would think his players see that.”​

Yep, clearly an ******* of epic proportions.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

which coach/es looks like a bad guy/unapproacheable in real life anyway?

17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

18. durvasa

I don’t really care that Kerr doesn’t like the way the league officiates Harden. He never criticized Harden’s work ethic or skill level, which are beyond reproach IMO. He never criticized his character, which would be out of bounds for an opposing coach. The fact is, the vast majority of basketball fans don’t like the stuff Harden does to take advantage of the rule book. So an opposing coach is similarly unhappy about it. Big deal. This is on the same level as complaining about an opposing player getting away with moving screens. Why take offense, like it’s a personal attack?

19. durvasa

I assume very few if any. I don’t have an opinion on most coaches. Kerr is a bit more high profile than most. And from everything I can gather he’s a friendly, good-natured guy, and people who know him seem to like him. Does he have some skeletons or are there rumors of him being a dick in private that I’m not aware of?

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. Game7

Game7 Member

Wow! That is a revelation to me! End of conversation.
    (So many terrible jokes to be had here.)