1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your opinion of Steve Kerr

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Kerr is not a good coach that team doesn't need a coach lol

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

McFail made a conference final with Harden and Howard, give McFail Curry, Thompson, Green, Durant and he'll probably lead them to a ring too.

Kerr also won without KD, but that also happened cause the Cavs were without Love and Irving so...yeah, i don't want to say he sucks because i don't have something that proves that, but i'd say he's definitely overrated, winning with 3/4 all stars (with two of them being MVP caliber players) is not exactly impressive. In fact, fwiw Walton won more than him when he coached them.

Also, a 50 years old man that goes in the internet with fake accounts to talk **** about players of other teams...well, that's really pathetic tbh.

3. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

He inherited a great team minus KD from Mark Jackson but not to downplay the fact that he has to effectively draw up plays and get his players to buy into his concept in order to win. Looking past that though, I think Kerr is used to being his own brand when it comes to answering questions from his background in commentating before coaching. Sure he could be classier and less arrogant with his comments but the media's culture has gone so far past just reporting the news to reporting the news in a way to capture the viewers attention it get's old real fast.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I prefer him coaching rather than commentating so I don't have to hear him as much.

I would prefer him to be on a less visible team so I would hear even less from him. Or better yet, go back into a gm role.

Never really cared for his voice or his takes.

don grahamleone, Jontro and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. BigO

BigO Member

Coaches are here to help talent, i don't think he is anywhere near Pop, who MAKES talent, or Brad Stevens, these 2 guys are way above everyone else. That being said, he does great, who cares if he has stacked team, he still has to manage egos, and its his system that the team runs, some people just want to bash him because his often comes of as an arrogant dick.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't like him either, but y'all are hating. He took Barnes and Draymond off the bench and turned them into franchise-altering role players. Curry wasn't pulling up from 40ft when Mark Jackson was the coach.

Exiled and hakeem94 like this.
  7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think he's a better coach than Mark Jackson.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Harrison Barnes was franchise altering? what?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Standing by what I said 100%. Barnes & Green to the starting lineup. Iggy & Lee out. + change in philosophy on both ends. Result - almost 20 more wins and an NBA title.

mtbrays and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Originally thought he was a dingleberry who parked his way into Jordan's rings like a Scotty Brooks.

I didn't like him in his column writing days when he nut hugged the spurs and bagged the rockets out of instinct.

Definitely has a way with words to destroy the suns and still float around.

Obviously not pleased he has rings to back up his garbage

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't like Krappy Kerr, not one bit.

J.R. likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He’s a glorified Scott Brooks

don grahamleone and BigShasta like this.
  13. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Kerr coaching with injuries, dealing with adversity and failing big time

BigShasta likes this.
  14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

On one hand, he pushed that team to championship caliber. On the other, I don’t think he’s a great strategist and that loss of the 3-1 series lead two years ago is kind of damning.

I think this year’s playoffs will show how good of a coach he really is.

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Steve Kerr is a smug *******.

Further he is a passive aggressive coward. He has a lot lot of opinions that he is afraid to express. Luckily, he has such a big mouth, they are leaked anyway.

I still remember him making fun of Yao Ming and later calling him a Chinaman. He knew better, he came from an extremely well educated family.

He gutted the Suns when he was their GM.

When he took over the Warriors he was blessed to have the best defensive assistant in the league (Adams) and the best offensive assistant (Gentry) and admitted that he stayed out of their way and let them coach.

He failed to make post season adjustments against the Cavs in the post season the year they won 73 games and lost in the Finals.

The last two seasons he has made very few adjustments and the league has slowly adjusted and found ways to exploit the Warriors.

To his credit he did make adjustments to the Cavs in the first championship (or Gentry did).

Luke Walton ran the Warriors as well as Kerr did.

So no he isn't terrible; but he isn't special.

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Woulda still taken him over Kevin McFail. Fire Kevin McFail after Portland series and hire Steven Kerr

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Luckiest and most overrated coach in history. Check their record without him.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He behaves like Mark Cuban. He can't stop James Harden, so he wants the refs to officiate him illegally. Kerr is afraid that the Houston Rockets can beat GSW.

RiceRockets likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty much this. Kerr is a fraud. He is "charming" with the Bay Area media and they LAP IT UP. This includes major "Bay Area" major national outlets like ESPN's The Undefeated (Spears) and USA Today Sports (Amick).

Kerr's smug "too cool for school" attitude is unpalatable. But again, the media eat up the "aww shucks" schtick.