1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You...lucky...bastards...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hallama, May 20, 2002.

1. Hallama

Hallama Member

As a non-Rockets fan, CON-GRAT-U--FREAKIN'-LATIONS!

I had a weird feeling before the lottery started that the Rox would come out with the #1. Why? Who f'n knows, but it happened.

This is the type of luck that changes a franchise, similiar to the Spurs and Orlando Magic, both franchises who moved up when they already had good teams.

The amazing luck the Rox just experienced coincides with one of the better drafts in years with a sure thing player like Jay Williams (who the Warriors, Nugz, Clippers, etc.) all covet and would take #1 in a second. But then add in Ming as the mystery wild card who just about every team is willing to take a big risk on.

No way the Rox would be getting this kind of play in the last three drafts (even with Francis).

The value of the #1 pick this year is the most valuable since Tim Duncan in 97'. There are two players that are considered #1 picks, thus, more offers for the Rox pick. If the Rox do decide to trade the pick they will get value + extra compensation for it. Names like Odom, Wally, and Spree have already been mentioned and it is still early in the process. The bottom line is if the Rox decide to trade the pick they will get 1 All-Star plus a future #1 pick.

There are a million trade scenarios that will surface in the next month but I'll leave that to you guys. :)

Or, just keep the damn pick and get Ming or Williams. The Rox can't go wrong.

BTW, I'm a Kings fan, and the only #1 pick they have had in Sacramento was Pervis Ellison, so, consider yourselves very very lucky.

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Good luck tonight. I guess most of us are looking for some team to beat the Lakers. Why not you guys?

3. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Hall, I liked your evaluation and just to let you know, I too, am rooting for the Kings to dethrone the Lakers.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, and welcome. We like intelligent input from fans of other teams... it can spice things up. Good luck, the Lakers s#$k!:)