1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Guys Get the First Look/Listen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks but that isn't the beginning. That's in the middle of the tune - just a clip of the song. The beginning is the "Houston..." part. Good ideas though.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea Jeff, sounded like it wasn't at the beginning...wondered about that.

Great work, thanks for the show.

3. Timing

Timing Member

Oooh okay. Well I can't wait to hear the whole thing!

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I like it.

I'm not good at writing constructively so I'll just cut to the chase.

I think it has a good driving beat, but the beat or handclaps need to be less cluttered. Make it easier for the layman to hear the beat/handclaps.

The horns sound really good, but over stadium speakers might get muffled or not be clear to hear.

I realize the song is not complete, but I think the intro needs to set the pace and allow the fan to take a cue to start clapping. Your cues are good but I think maybe the song should start off with the handclaps or beat more pronounced.

Me personally, I enjoy clapping along with stadium type fight songs at sporting events I think it starts to get hard to hear the handclaps at about 15 seconds into the song, it gets cluttered.

Don't get me wrong, if we ended up with only that version, I'd be happy to hear it at a game! :)

Keep up the great work!

rH

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Jeff, I just want to say that I think it's perfect the way it is -- don't change it for anyone!

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks for the comments, guys. At this point, it isn't changing until someone pays us to change it! :)

I'll let everyone know how it goes. We haven't had any serious conversations with the Texans yet about it but we have made some contact. We'll see how it goes.

7. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

As a football fan, I like it. It sounds good and I think people will get into it.

As a former marching band member, kick it up a notch! I would take it from 120 to 160 beats/minute, which is what we played our fight songs in intermediate, HS, and college at. When we did "stingers" in band we would even play them at 200. That would pretty much preclude singing, but you only do it when the crowd is in a frenzy already, so who cares.

As a former trumpet player, add more trumpets. :)

BTW, I still have the guitar riff song that you did for Save Our Rockets.

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Great job Jeff, I really like it alot. I let some of my friends who are big fans of football listen and they thought it was a great fight song.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Since the Texans will have a marching band, if they want it, that would be up to the director. I have no problem with that in a band format. For these purposes, this is about as fast as we wanted it considering phrasing of the parts.

Glad to hear you still like the SOR theme. You can hear more of that and other stuff I've done at http://www.zerozero8.com/music.html

Francis3: Thanks for that. I appreciate you letting your friends hear it as well. We'd like as much feedback as possible so if anyone wants to play it for people, feel free.

10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Took me a little while to get back. I like the Satriani sounding stuff.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Jeff,

gave it a couple of listens, sounds great except I'm still not sure about what some of the words are, for me the Lyrics weren't loud and/or clear enough, but maybe it's just cause I don't speak Texan.

Smeg

PS the Trumpet player is very ordinary:D

12. Timing

Timing Member

Hey Jeff, they just played your Texans song on Kilt 610.

13. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Man thats awesome. GO JEFF!

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew