1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yes, I watched ER last night (spoilers)...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, May 10, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yes, doctor, I'll take that bottl of Prozac now! Man, that was depressing! I didn't start watching ER until I saw some reruns on cable last summer, but damn if that wasn't the most suicide inducing hour of TV I've ever seen...

Don't get me wrong....It was a great episode, but that scene where Mark Green tries to get out of bed but falls back to the ground and yells "SH*T!!", almost had me crying, and I NEVER cry during a movie or TV show. My wife almost lost it...She doesn't shed ONE tear during our wedding, yet she can't stop crying after some bald guy on a TV show eats it...

Definitely ranks up there with that Oilers/Bills playoff game in '93 and <i>The Chevy Chase Show</i> as one of the saddest moments in TV history...

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We watched about the first 5 minutes of it and said "**** it, we don't want to be sad", so we watched Forrest Gump instead. Then I was sad because there's no way in hell that movie should've won Best Picture over Pulp Fiction.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

A-Train, you forgot to mention "The Magic Hour".

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

You know that saying about opinions? they're just like assholes; everyone has one. Movie critics are special though; they get to display theirs to everyone.

Anyway (that made me chuckle, and that's all that matters)....Forrest Gump is probably my second all time favorite movie, so I'm going to have to beg to differ. I thought it deserved to win.

That being said, Pulp Fiction could have won it any other year in the past 11. It was truly a great movie too, and I can certainly see how someone would display that as$ho.....errr.....opinion.

I didn't watch ER, but my wife did and she came in to the bedroom all upset that Dr. Green died. I said, "who is Dr. Green." She said, "you know, the bald guy that's been on the show forever." I said, "GOOSE!?!" She said, "yah....Goose."

A sidenote....when I was bartending in of all places, Nacogdoches, Texas, Anthony Edwards came into the bar. He had a burger and fries, no one bothered him, and he left. Not exactly a brush with fame now that he's dead.

#4 Pole, May 10, 2002
    Last edited: May 10, 2002
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Don't get me wrong Pole...I love the movie as well...Pulp Fiction just happens to be my favorite movie of all-time.

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I will have to admit. Pulp Fiction has aged better.

I loved it when I first saw it, and I like it better every time I've seen it since. A BUNCH of great characters....all very well played.

Out of the box thinking for making a movie too....not that Gump didn't have that also....but not to the degree that PF had it.

Sadly, I haven't seen anything that comes close since. Maybe Requiem for a Dream.....nahhhh.....a good flick, but not even close to being in the same class....and it hurts so much to watch.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't think I can ever watch Requiem again...the only time I can think of is if, God forbid, one of my children starts using drugs-I'll show them this movie. :(

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I haven't watched ER for years, but I'm curious and just a little too busy to do a search on it. How'd he die?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Druken rage through the ER after he found out that CSI was beating them in the ratings.

That, or some sort of brain tumor.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I thought it was a very well done show and it was very emotional. I am a big tit when it comes to movies and shows.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not Goose, Anthony Edwards has to be best remembered for Gilbert (Revenge of the Nerds).

12. Buck Turgidson

Personally, I prefer his role as "Stoner Bud #2" in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

13. outlaw

outlaw Member

what's up with no no george clooney and no juliana marguiles at the funeral???

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That was one of the saddest TV shows I have ever watched. I feel like I've lost a friend, and I'm still depressed about it.

15. outlaw

outlaw Member

I didn't think it was that sad. Maybe because it's been known he was leaving the show for over a year now.

Not as sad as Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes "Becoming" or "The Body".

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah, but if you blinked you missed him.