1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's next contract, wherever it may be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Nov 18, 2010.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Well they wouldn't miss Yao if he was injured because those teams are stacked already, Yao would be the cherry on top.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

How do you know he won't be asking for anything? Are you his agent, mommy, or long lost twin? Don't try to act like you know anything about Yao other than what we all know.

Fact is, Yao has been nothing but a burden on the team's salary cap and therefore prevents us from getting good players and replacements due to his $15-17 million he takes up on the bench the last half decade. I will consider his dues paid as a fan if he gives most of that money back.

3. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Give the money back? Who the **** are you?

Don't you think he has to prove he can still play before thinking about another contract?

He isn't worried about no damn contract right now. He's trying to get back on the court.

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Yes and paying 3 bench players a total of 18 million, is helping........

Shane is what 9 million.....one way player Martin is 13-15 million...

Rockets were trying to get Melo/Bosh, so they obviously had the payroll to get a star player.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am a real fan for the TEAM and not the player who would like to see Yao do something to help out the team. Since he obviously cannot do that on the court, he may as well do it with his wallet where it counts for the team and not the owner. I place the team over Yao. I have my priorities straight, what about you? :rolleyes:

We are trying to trade for them. We have no space on on our payroll. Having space on our payroll means we are like New York, that we have cap space free to sign someone. Trading for Bosh/Melo means rotating out existing payroll place holders for one payroll place holder. While Yao's $17 million doesn't necessarily translate to that much with the new upcoming CBA, for the past few years his $16 million burden still prevents us from easily trading, unless Les puts his money where his mouth is and goes over the LT.

6. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

A real fan for the team??? All you do... is b**** and moan about this team. Some real fan you are.

I repeat... he's in the last year of his contract and getting paid 17mil(as you keep repeating)... don't you want him to earn it by helping the team?

I place the team over ANY coach/player. Use the search function and check my posts, if you have doubts.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Like I said, unless he injures himself again and retires, at this point in his career and with his injury history, $5 million a year is more than generous, especially since he has been sitting on his ass most of the last half decade. I would honestly prefer we don't resign Yao and look for someone who can produce for the entire season and post season.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Also, there is a difference between being a homer and being a fan. I root as hard as the next die hard fan and believe we have a chance of winning night in and night out. The difference is, I still retain my common sense and have proper expectations. Can we be contenders? Definitely! Will we be? Probably not! Do I want us to be? HELL ****ING YEAH!