1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao or Griff? better fantasy players

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Khal80, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

both gonna get some blocks but i think griff will put better numbers on turnovers and points,,you think yao will be ready to contribute on a steady pace too late in season, i see alot of turnovers early in season

2. heech

heech Contributing Member

I agree.

I play in a keeper league, so I've got Yao picked up for the long-haul... but this season, Griff looks like he's ready for some prime time scores.

So, how many minutes is EG going to pick up this season? Is he penciled in as the starter?

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I have Griff on my fantasy team. Yao will be good later on, but for now, Eddie is the man.

4. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

well KT and Mo are out to start, ,well i think KT is, so griff will start and hell prove along the season that he should def start at the spot and Mo should sit his ass down

5. Toast

Toast Member

In my league, Ming went in the 7th round and Griffin in the 10th. I thought Ming was over rated at 7th and Griffin underrated at 10th.

Griffin's gonna get more PT, and he's not a rookie. I think Griffin will be a decent fantasy player, especially because he's well-rounded enough to do some damage in multiple categories.

Ming's a rookie. That's all I have against him :)

6. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Griff ought to do much better this year in fantasy leagues.

But depending on your league set up,Yao could be just as valuable because of the general weakness of the center position,even in alot of fantasy leagues.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

This type of question belongs in the fantasy forum.

8. Chip123456

Chip123456 Member

i got griff on my team too because he will get atleast 30 minutes a game and he will get about 9 boards and 3 blocks and about 14 to 16 points a game and maybe 2 assists.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

This is how it shook out in my 3 leagues.

-1st draft there were no Rocks fans and I thought I'd get Yao around the 8th round,it was before he arrived in H-town and the hype hadn't really hit yet.

So anyway someone took him in the 4th rd ..40th overall. :eek:
    Eddie went in the 11th ..I had him slated to be my next pick but the guy right before me took him :( .

-2nd draft Most of the ppl were Rocks fans..Eddie went 5th round at 49 and Yao went in the 6th round at 68 .. I missed out again :(

-3rd draft No Rocks fans but there was a team named "Yao Ming Dynasty" The guy said he just thought it was a cool name.I thought he would pick him early but he lasted until the 7th round where I got him with the 79th pick..the YaoMingDynasty owner was not happy :D Eddie went one pick later at 80.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Eddie may be better, but his field goal % is aweful.