1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: Mission impossible III?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jun 6, 2002.

1. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Yao Ming told a reporter at the end of 2001:"I have two wishes for the coming new year: a championship title of CBA and joining NBA." And then he asked the reporter:"Could that be the mission impossible III?" He has been rejected to join NBA By Shanghai Sharks since 2000. Every basketball fans in China (maybe in the whole world) hopes to see him playing at NBA this year. But after I read the news from Oriental Sports (the assosiate media with Shanghai Sharks), I have a bad feeling that Ming's NBA career might be the mission impossible III.

Oriental Sports had two news about Yao Ming yesterday. One is very similiar with the news from Houston media. Li Yaomin expressed some opinions to a Houston TV station. Lovethisgametoo has translated the main points in another thread. Another said that an American company claimed that they had the agent right of Ming and told Erik Cheng to stop representing Ming and said "that is illegal".

From these news and the news before, I can feel that Shanghai Sharks is very angry about Yao Ming. They just dare not to say it straightly. They still want to get many rewards from Ming. So they begin to detest Eric Cheng, who is Ming's representative now.

I began to detest Shanghai Sharks too. Li Yaomin once said (to all the potential teams who want to draft Ming):"Do you want genius? Please pay for it." What a sh*t! If Ming is a genius, the team who drafts Ming should pay to his parents, not to Shanghai Sharks. If Ming is a genius, he can be bright at any team: Bayi Rockets, Beijing Ducks, or Sina Lion, nit only at Shanghai Sharks. Ming has joined Sharks for five years and helped it to get the first CBA champion in history. They had stopped Ming to play in NBA twice. And this time they still asked to be paid.

I hope Sharks not to be so stupid. Some Chinese fans said they will never watch the games of Sharks if Ming cannot go to NBA this year. I just pray that everything can be worked out and Ming can reach his dream at this coming season.

Wang Zhizhi said to Chinese media today that Dollas' report "is lying" and the director of CBA said they "have the contact with Wang". http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2002-06-07/07279756.shtml
    Maybe what we need to do now is: don't worry and just wait.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thanx for the info windandsea. The onlyproblem i have is on sin, its in chinesse. How do the hell can i tell what the paper is reading. Can you post that or translate that for us too?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Windandsea,

The real question people here want to know is...

How much power do the Sharks really have?

Who makes the final decision, the sharks or the chinese government?

Thanks,

DaDakota

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

DaDakota,

I think they both have veto power meaning both can block him but neither really effect each other. Actually the government can make the Sharks do anything they want but they other things to worry about like figure out how to get Taiwan back.

5. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

This is a latest report about Wang from Xinhuanet. (English version).
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2002-06/07/content_428662.htm

DaDakota:
    I think it is Shanghai sharks. Chinese Sports Center and CBA want to have the guarantee of Ming's playing for the national team. Shanghai Sharks wants anything else: American player, training camp......

If Chinese officials are clever enough, they should agree Wang to stay at America to attend the summer league. America has the best coaches, best players, best training facilities...... Why Wang must go back to China to accept those boring and bad training gatherings. And then Ming can get the chance to attend the summer league too.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, Dallas is lying, I guess. Go figure.

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the Rockets should sign both Wang and Ming.

The Great Wall of China in Houston.

DaDakota