1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Jersey

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Meniscus, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Meniscus

Meniscus Member

Anyone know where I can buy a Shanghai Sharks Yao jersey? Thanks for any help.

2. noskrillwill

noskrillwill Member

3. Meniscus

Meniscus Member

Thank you for you help.

4. Montrealjumpman

That jersey is a fake one, there is a real one made by adidas on ebay weeks ago. That jersey is made by Shanghai Shark's Club, and when I was in Shanghai during CBA finals, people were selling at the price of USD 12 for the whole set. And I guess that guy just print it with Yao Ming's name and number on it. If you guys really want the real jersey, email me: clgk@canada.com. I posted a reply weeks ago here on this BBS answering a buddy in your Htown, and he may already get the jersey from my friend in TX! Guys, just watch out!

5. oj411

oj411 Member

I believe that the authentic Yao Ming Shanghai jerseys are made by Nike.

6. heech

heech Contributing Member

Just FYI, I think I'm the one you spoke to about getting jerseys from your buddy. I did email him, once thru eBay and once out of... but never heard from the guy.

Oh well. I'll be in Shanghai by next week, so I'll get some from the source. I'll probably pick up a few to sell here, at cost (so, say, $15), to other Yao Ming fans. I'm not interesting in making a profit, just recoup me for time/money.

Drop me an email or a note here if you're interested. No promises I'll be able to find them (especially in sufficient quantities to satisfy all of you), but I'll do what I can.

7. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Meniscus, are you by chance the guy that bought both of those jerseys? Because it's the same guy who bought both for a lot of money.

8. Montrealjumpman

Yeah, I figure out your name is familiar! My friend in FW may just be quite busy on his family things, so I am very sorry for any inconvience caused. OK, for jersey, I will tell you sthg what I know:

1.If you go to Shanghai, as now the new 02-03 CBA season just started last weekend (Shanghai Sharks won the first game with Yao's best buddy-PG Liu Wei), you will be able to buy that kind of jerseys made by Shanghai Sharks Club for around RMB 70 for the upper and RMB 40 for the shorts. But let me tell me, first don't expect too much on the quality cuz the total price is around USD 12 (haha), secondly, I (5'10", 70kg, ball player size-SG in local Montreal Chinese team) bought myself XL still found too tight for the jersey and impossible to fit my butt in that shorts, so watch out!

2.You can find my friend in Shanghai, who may help you a little bit on that kind of jersey made by Shanghai Sharks Club, let me know if you are willing to get in touch with someone there.

3.The real adidas jersey (adidas became Shanghai Sharks official sponsor from 01-02 season, Nike used to in the previous years), I don't have many, but again trust me for the quality. Can't believe people selling fake jersey with pretty the same prices I quote!

Anyway, good luck and have a nice trip!

9. Montrealjumpman

I wish I am wrong, but I found both of the thread starter and the quick replier are freshly registered, so is that some kind of .....

10. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

The Shanghai Sharks jersey is made by Adidas and not Nike...

If you don't believe me, check Yao's photos during the Shark days....

11. Montrealjumpman

Sorry, forget to say: When you come to Luwan Stadium (Shanghai Sharks home court), there will be some club people selling Shanghai Sharks staffs close to the gate. And CBA game is every Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday, so I think you will have plenty of chances to go and have a look.

12. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I would love to have a Shanghai Shark Jersey. Heech, let me know if you can pick one up for me. Thanks.

13. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

[​IMG]

Yao's Sharks jersey is made by Adidas...

14. Montrealjumpman

Guys, that cheap jersey is actually not that bad, just be careful for the size, I had my bad experience with the Chinese XL, faint! I was wearing here an L Tshirt (made in Canada) in a hip-hop way! Another thing, forget the shorts, as long as you are not a young girl!

15. Montrealjumpman

Good job! That is the jersey I have! :)

16. Meniscus

Meniscus Member

No, I didnt purchase the two jersey's on ebay as the auctions for both were over when I first clicked on the link. In addition I dont have 190 dollars to spend on an impractical clothing item. I would probably spend 30 on one that fit nicely, but thats about it.

17. Montrealjumpman

Yeah, my friend, i was just pissed off by that ebay guy! he sold some home made jersey for a crazy price like that! he even printed all the number and chinese name (god, in CBA players only have numbers on their back).

heech, i just managed to contact my friend in FW, he will post ad on Ebay this weekend, so any of you guys who are interested in buying a real authentic adidas Yao Ming jersey (the Nike jersey didn't bring him the ring, haha), just go and check Ebay this weekend!

18. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

hey hows it goin, im looking to get a ming swingman or authentic rockets jersey, the question i have is will they ever sell them made by nike? i only see the reebok ones and i do not like these, i feel nike jerseys are better, just a personal preference, does anyone know if someone will be selling authentic or swingman ming jerseys in stores or anywhere? thanks!

jeff :-D

19. Montrealjumpman

hi, my friend, i guess reebok is the team sponsor for gears, and i saw a lot of other famous players' jersey made by reebok for the 02-03 season, so reebok may take over the new season order in place of nike (nike produced for nearly everybody last year, even for adidas Kobe Bryant-who stopped the adidas contract this August).

20. adrian

adrian Member

I would really like one of those jerseys. Heech, if the price is around what you said, $15, can you put me on your list for a jersey, if possible.

Thanks, Adrian