1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Jeremy Tyler from HS Jr. to Euro Pro

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kaleidosky, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I think its pretty smart move for these kids going overseas to play basketball. I see a lot of fans getting upset because these kids dont want to play college ball and conform the way we want them to. Long as the kid is getting his high school doploma its fine with me. He gets to do what he loves. He gets to see the world from another country gain some culturalismn. He also gets to improve his skills without the limitation of the NCAA rules which limits player pratice hours. Also put these kids under some adversity build some charecter. The only thing that can be done to prevent these players from doing this is allow some to play in minors leagues here without pratice limitions.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maybe it did - how do you know it didn't? The guys whose growth was stunted you would have never heard of anyway.

Plus this is an entirely different situation involving a much more difficult, two-level transition.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think its great. All he would do is waste a scholarrship for a year. These big college programs do nothing but make sure the kids is egible to play. Tony Parker, Yao,Dirk and all those guys never attended college and you dont hear a word. I remember saying Lebron shouldve left after his junior year.Mom living in the projects, take out a loan on her son's earning potential and its blown out of proportion. What did he get from the high school team playing on espn?

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Great move. Why play for free when you can get paid 6 figures. Colleges and their coaches make millions off these athletes. You heard what the nba gm said in the article, he can play in the league now. The nba needs to stop trying to save sorry ass college basketball and get rid of their stupid age rule. Hopefully with jennings and now this kid, this becomes a trend and forces the nba to rethink its position on the matter.

5. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

lets be honest, he isn't missing out on much. my senior year of high school i only had 3 classes, so I would leave school at 11:30. seems like a bright kid. i am sure he will be fine.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

hmmmm Im crossed on this

on one hand he should AT LEAST get his HS Diploma.

on the other hand schools and coaches get MILLIONS while players get a scholarship .

Tough decision.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Soon there wil be noNCAA basketball.