1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Officiating Not As Bad As We Think.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, May 2, 2019.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/inside-the-nb-as-officiating-matrix-with-referee-guru-monty-mc-cutchen-185427849.html [sports.yahoo.com]

Basically, we're idiots for thinking that their would ever be any bias towards an opponent of ours our against us, directly.

Obviously, I don't believe Mr. Monty.

Here's the portion about the Rockets and Warriors series:

2. SemisolidSnake

Here we go.

By officiating relatively fairly in Game 2 (and with the Rockets losing on top of that by their own merits), the League has erased Game 1 from the public eye, and "useful idiots" (that's a specific historical term, btw, look it up) like Yahoo and the rest of the sports media have free reign to write these sorts of articles ad nauseum now.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

We've investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong.

vince likes this.
  4. Voltik

Voltik Member

Getting real sick of the NBA

The spin on Harden and the Rockets is even worse now after Game 1 and 2, than before this series. That shouldn’t be possible after Game 1 reffing and playing through a bleeding eye with blurry vision in Game 2.

vince and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. jogo

jogo Member

I just wish a ref or a referee representative would sit down with a Rockets media person and watch the undercutting in game one. Watch all of them. 4 or 5 or how many? And then look the media person in the eyes and say "that's not undercutting, that's not a foul." I don't think they can do it.

I get that everybody is always going to complain about the officiating and it would be good if we stopped doing that (but they need better refs for that to happen). But those specific undercuttings are really irrefutable. If you watch those and say they aren't fouls then I realize we'll never get anywhere with this BS.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well the referees themselves admitted it at half time to MDA and Harden.

The problem is that they proceeded in the second half to twice let Chris Paul get hit on the hand (once by Durant for a miss, the other should have been an 'and 1' triple), and once Harden undercut (final shot). You can't admit you missed 4 at the break, and then go on and miss 3 more...

That's the bigger issue for me. If you referee any sport, and you apologize for missing something at the half (it happens!) usually you would be expected to call it even more tightly to 'make up' for the misses in the second half

napalm06 and Sajan like this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They done paid yahoo too.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

TBH, nothing the referees have done in this series or in last year's WCF remotely compares to the absurdity of Kevin Durant joining a 73-win team. You want to un-rig the NBA? Start there.

rgw20014life likes this.