1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTC Victims may have been "vaporized"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Dec 4, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

WTC Victims May Have Been "Vaporized"

NEW YORK –– Three months after the World Trade Center attack, victims' families are being forced to face the ghastly possibility that many of the dead were "vaporized," as the medical examiner put it, and may never be identified.

So far, fewer than 500 victims have been positively identified out of the roughly 3,000 feared dead. Sixty were identified solely through DNA.

The city and state have allowed victims' families to obtain death certificates without proof of a body, but many families place great importance on an ID based on actual remains.

click for entire article

--

no disrespect, but... do you think?
    Two planes each loaded with jet fuel crashed into these towers. Many people were vaporized or burned to ash instantly. :(

rH

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I say we find bin Laden and vaporize him and anybody who supports him.

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

actually i think that is a good thing in so far that they did not have to suffer as they did not have much time to feel pain.

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Not to sound harsh, but everyone had to know that this wasn't just a possibility, but a certainty. I believe it's only going to get worse once they get to the core of the rubble.

:(

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

do you think those at the core of the rubble will not have been vaporized?

6. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Right on, RocksMill! :D

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That would be too quick and not painful enough for that b*stard.

8. treeman

treeman Member

I predict that this thread will go nowhere, because everyone has known for months that those WTC victims not found relatively quickly or by sifting through the rubble were "vaporized".

Some of that dust that floated around the site for a couple of weeks was human ash. Apparently over 3,000 bodies worth of ash...

And bin Laden doesn't deserve such an end. Personally, if I were to be able to pinpoint his cave I'd slowly flood it with water. I'd also throw in about a thousand bottles worth of vodka and a ton of pork cuts, just to make sure he never reaches heaven...

9. haven

haven Member

Treeman:

Just curious, do you have an opinion on where bin Laden may be hiding?

I know that many think he's hidden himself in Tora Bora. That seems like a bit too much of a gamble to me. Yes, it's secure. But the US Army has all sorts of nifty gadgets that the Russian's didn't possess.

10. treeman

treeman Member

haven:

Actually, I think he probably is in the Tora Bora area. Zawahiri's family was killed there, and he was apparently nearby, and I suspect that Osama is wherever Zawahiri is.

He may be in Kandahar, though, and that would make things more difficult. If he's holed up in his cave complex at Tora Bora, then he is trapped and it's simply a matter of time. But if he's in Kandahar then there's a chance he'd be able to slip out and make it to Pakistan when that city descends into total chaos (and that should be soon). Although personally I don't think he'll try to escape; I fully expect him to stay and martyr himself.

11. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

where and what is tora bora?

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes: When or if we find him we should keep him in a plastic room with a small shower and sleeping bag (made of air and cloth) and feed him Muslim prepared food and give him a pyschological profile. Hannibel Style,
    Also we shouldn't kill him but instead make him Learn the Qu'ran over then make him watch the Bulls-Rockets game,,,