1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOW - We have a winner

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SmeggySmeg, Jan 1, 2001.

1. Summer Song Giver

I just hope you all remember jumping all over me when I contested the Ewing,Marion trade saying the contest feature should be saved for when cheating is evident.I would hope you all would show the same courtesy you asked me to show.I'm happy with this trade,DoD is happy and there is no cheating so by y'alls own admission contesting this trade is wrong.Thank you.

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

no one said they were going to contest the trade, there appears to be no collusion, so what can we do, nothing, so chill SSG.

This thread for most us, especially those with hopes of catching DoD is just a chance to blow off some steam and express some extreme disappointment at what could be a league destroying trade, sure Dr you might long term lose some depth, but for me (and others) Penny has not been a factor far and in all likely wasn't really going to help you soon.

So for me i seriously believe this trade is Sabonis and Finley for Howard and Johnson, that is i don't count Penny in it at all and thats why it is such a farce of a trade.

SSG, so what if you got Penny, so what if he comes back in March and plays great, DoD will be so far in front by then and you will be so far behind aswell, that it won't matter, let alone the fact the Suns are so deep, he probably won't score over 30 anyway.

Disillusioned Smeg

------------------
    "What is it with this girl, has she got beer flavoured nipples??"
    - Heath Ledger in 10 things I hate about you

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Actually, deep down inside I don't agree with you guys. Do I think I got the better end of the deal? Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have made the deal, but it took about 2-3 days and about 9 emails before I caved in and accepted.

As for keeping you guys occupied here while the deadline for contesting passes, I didn't know it was so easy to divert your attention.

I command you to sit here in this thread and stare at this screen, not change URL's, and thereby give up your ability to contest the trade... you will do as I say... you will do as I say... [​IMG] LOL!

As for what I said, you guys still haven't countered with anything substantive other than "it's unfair" and will give the league to me. I still haven't figured that one out and have shot it down simply by asking you to look at the offensive output to-date by the various teams. How exactly does that give the league to me.

Besides, if you are saying that Penny can't produce 35-40 ppg because he hasn't, then you can't say Finley should produce 47-48 points... because quite frankly... he hasn't. And like I said, with the addition of Nowitzki's upped offense and Steve Nash, he's not the fantasy player he was last year.

------------------
    "I give up. Oh my holy hell I give up." -- Clutch expresses utter frustration in encountering difficulties trying to communicate across a damn bbs. (It's even funnier if you picture Homer Simpson saying it)

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited January 02, 2001).]

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did you tie all the people "screaming collusion" to the their desks and take their mouse away, too? Or were they really that stupid? lol!

------------------
    "I give up. Oh my holy hell I give up." -- Clutch expresses utter frustration in encountering difficulties trying to communicate across a damn bbs. (It's even funnier if you picture Homer Simpson saying it)

5. SmeggySmeg

Dr,

I never suggested collusion, but how can you not say you come out completely on top in this trade, my argument for this making it real tough for you to no win the league is based on the fact you are whooping up us already and that is with one big weakness (Johnson) and Howard as your SF, i don't count penny is an issue, i reckon he is good for 30ppg but who knows when, too late for it to be a factor. So really you have upgraded C and SF on the top ranked team in the league.

------------------

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Smeg,

I understand that perfectly. I understand what everybody's saying. I did the math for you guys that even if you DON'T include Penny in this deal, I'm only up'ing my points per fantasy game by about 30 points. You guys have offenses that are head and shoulders about this. I'm in first place by sheer luck-of-schedule; I'll be the first to admit this.

For anyone to call this a "Stackhousegate"-type deal is ludicrous. That deal was so lopsided, it was ridiculous. This is not as lopsided as everyone makes out. In the end it may very well be lopsided, but it may be lopsided in my favor or in SSG's. I need points now, not towards the end of the month or next month when Penny is supposed to get it in gear.

Step back and be realistic, you and Crisco still have the highest powered offenses out there with fadeaway and Pimp right there with you.

This just so happens to be a deal where I happened to improve my 2 weakest positions. Big deal, it's not like I got 2 50 pt players for duds. I still have to worry about Sabonis screwing his knee up and Penny scoring even 30 pts.

I just think everybody's complaining more about "Doc staying ahead" than whether this is a fair trade or not. On paper, I defy anyone to say this is as lopsided as they claim. Based on numbers, not on hunches.

Chill out guys... like I said, this season is far from over. Not even close. I'm still saying the likes of Smeg and Crisco will catch me and/or my luck-of-scheduling will run out soon.

------------------

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I understand completely Smeg. I'm not denying that I've been "whooping up" on you guys. But it hasn't been because my team has been great. It's a very good team with good depth, but all I ask is you guys look at the offensive output by the teams. I'm middle-of-the-road to above average at best. What you're asking me to do is take responsibility for sheer luck. There was a streak there where I think I won games by 1, 4, and maybe 20 points on recounts the next day. I'm not that much better than anybody else in this league. Not sure what else I can say.

------------------

8. SmeggySmeg

Dr

My last post may have over emphasised the whole Dr is staying front thing, which is just jealousy, which is probablt fair enough for me after going through a 7 game losing streak cause of injuries and poor scheduling (think i am about to hit another stretch of poor scheduling).

But for me, Penny will have minimal impact this year, and because of this i believe it is an extremely lop-sided trade, of close to Stackhousegat proportions, I hope i am wrong and penny produces real big and sabonis blows the remaining cartilege in his knees.

Smeg

------------------

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well if it makes you any happier, Jim Jackson was just traded, meaning I probably have 2 less games to work with against Behad because I doubt JJ will see any action.... [​IMG]

------------------

10. The Voice of Reason

OK OK OK OK,

this is getting too heated.

I posted earlier in this thread stating my concerns. I did this because I truely have some concerns that this trade could put DOD out front for good. I also think he is still quite beatable. the only reason it would bother me, and probably everyone else here is because this league is so close. I think there are 6-8 legit contenders in this league.

I do agree that the reason DoD is on top is by luck of scheduel. but he does have a damn good team that just got better.

I just everyone chills out, and stays active in this league. this trade may be the wake up call some of us need to pull the trigger on trades of our own.

not happy, but not gonna cry about it. I have games to win.

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Maybe I came off as pissed-off... I think it's more a sense of shock/disbelief than pissed. I'm not... so please don't think that I am. I hold no malice towards any of you guys...

...especially not while I stomp a mudhole in your asses all the way up to the championship!!!!!!!

(joke guys. [​IMG])

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited January 02, 2001).]

12. SmeggySmeg

Everyone is chilled and i always was

------------------

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I wouldn't exactly say I have a "high powered offense", but thanks anyway. Even with your added fire power I'm still going to rip you a new you know what next time we play, while praying Shaq goes down with season ending toe surgery [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

14. SmeggySmeg

the Farse is complete now, start your bragging DoD

------------------

15. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I just re-read that portion of the old thread and the only mention of contesting that trade was in this one post:

So no one was jumping all over you. Obviously, everyone else saw what I saw in Marion, just like everyone seeing how lopsided this trade is.

DoD, I gotta hand it to ya. You got away with one. But I'm only 70 down with 4 of my five best scorers going tonight, while Ervin Johnson is still a HoopDaddie!! With a little luck, I just might pull off the upset.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited January 03, 2001).]

16. Summer Song Giver

I agree noone was jumping all over me it did kind of feel the post was directed towards me though,but the passage is in there,trust me it is.I'm also sorry you all feel I'm giving the league to DoD,I don't,time will tell though.

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

[This message has been edited by Summer Song Giver (edited January 03, 2001).]

17. Behad

Let's look at this from another angle....irregardless of what you did to help DoD, what could possibly want with Ervin Johnson? For the life of me, I can't understand how he will help your team.

(Please note that I am at work and do not have access to sandbox.com, so I don't see your roster.)

But surely you could have worked a better deal than this. Johnson would have to improve to be considered a scrub. Penny is still scoring as much as Alonzo Mourning. Why would you give up Sabonis and Finley for just Howard?

Don't take this too personal, but your comment on Ewing for Marion and this trade leads me to believe that you have very little fantasy basketball sense.

------------------
    Behad

18. The Voice of Reason

I hate when people use "irregardless" as though it was a word. Im not a tight ass english major. infact i have terrible spelling and punctuation, but this is a pet peve of mine. irregardless is NOT a word. the word you are looking for in this context is REGARDLESS. i dont even know where the IRR comes from it must be some evolutionary thing caused by television [​IMG] i dunno. so many people make this mistake it just confuses me.

well sorry for getting off subject.

nothing personal man, just an issue I have with the english language.

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Ummmm.....ok....I'm not touching that one!

[​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

20. Behad

irregardless adv : in spite of everything; without regard to drawbacks; "he carried on regardless of the difficulties" [syn: regardless, irrespective, disregardless, no matter, disregarding]

Straight from the dictionary. Yes, it is a non-standard word, but an acceptible word in casual conversation.

You need help with your punctuation and capitalization. [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited January 03, 2001).]