1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

you don't speak for anyone but yourself. quit trying to make up fake bs. there's a lot of great posters on this board. I would say they vastly outweigh the bad ones that try to be as loud as they can. don't try to group them with your takes.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/chris-paul-traded-to-rockets.283581/

the overwhelmingly approval of the trade for cp3. according to holic sources though "most didn't want to add paul"

#801 YOLO, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    fckbandwagons, Reeko, LFE171 and 12 others like this.
  2. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine hell is something similar to participating in a trollholic thread.
    [​IMG]

spark06 likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Most did not want to add Paul until we lost again and Harden mentally broke down in the Spurs series. That flat out scared a lot of posters here after they saw what I already knew and I had been telling you about since the previous season.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I get five newsletters telling me different things all at once. The only consistency is it's correctness...

Solution: just one more newsletter...

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh my god, I forgot about the Rubio thing. Continues to be one of the dumbest ideas in history.

Harden has evolved into the most devastating offensive player in history, and some suggest, hey, lets take the ball out of his hands.

J Sizzle and ilovehtownbb like this.
  8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This thread just needs to end with the recognition that Capela has improved each year in a way that has drastically improved the Rockets depth. Thon Maker has not evidenced anything close to that progression, nor is he viewed as a difference maker on the court. Clint is widely known as the best defender on pick and roll switches and the quickest center on defense. His second jump is, by far, the quickest in the league among centers.

If Capela develops a shot from the 3, great. If not, the Rockets don't need him to be that guy.

Finally, Chris Paul is worth every dollar of that expensive contract. Like Nash (this has been mentioned by MDA), CP is going to be an effective guard into his last year because of his intelligence and severely underrated shot. He is the smartest, pure-point guard in the league and his understanding of the game only grows from year to year.

He's going to be the difference this year against the Warriors. I'm almost positive he's protecting himself in order to go out and play the best games of his career in the second round.

Next year, Morey will add another star. Players like how the Rockets play, and despite the media disliking James, he's one of the most popular players among his peers.

Capela will still fit into the strategy. Thon Maker won't be starting for any playoff teams.

Deuce, spark06, Pipe and 17 others like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not factual. No one, including you, thought that a PG would be useful to the Rockets unless Harden moved back to a traditional SG role, with mostly off-ball action like Gordon gets, but just more of it.

That has not only never come close to happening, but also the reason the Rockets are so good is because MDA immediately knew he needed to stagger their minutes to keep one as PG at all times.

In no way shape or form did you say Harden would remain PG and Rubio or someone like Paul would be off ball most of the time that Harden is on the floor. Hell, Rubio is barely playing PG for Utah now.

10. basketballholic

I am definitely ok with Paul and have always been. Only wish we'd got him a year or two earlier.

We'r won't win a championship with Capela playing top 6 rotation minutes as long as Warriors exist on current form and their main guys are healthy in the playoffs.

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mods please lock this thread up, it keeps wanting to die then @basketballholic troll bombs the thread with his trash takes for attention.

Lawlruschang and lnchan like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets had a center who shot 3's, his name was Ryan Anderson.

But Ryno ended up being unplayable vs. GSW. He ended up being unplayable entire post season actually.

durvasa likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Myles Turner is likely the only one that fits this criteria.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He’s the Mel Kiper of Clutch Fans....throw enough mock drafts out there, you’ll eventually get a few picks right....

topfive and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Fake news. The objection to your fantasies all along was that Rubio can't shoot so if he doesn't have the ball he's useless.

There WAS some concern about duplication with Paul, but not a "don't want him" reaction like Rubio.

J Sizzle and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I don't see his like to message ratio improving

justtxyank likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Capela! Why can't you get 10 blocks and 15 rebounds and 25pts a game? We should have gotten Maker!

D-rock likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Disagree. Let this thread live forever. It will be Year 2198 and I will still be laughing.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. HROZ

HROZ Member

If we can't bring Faried back I wouldn't mind Thon as backup to Capela.

He'd be asked to do less and should be relatively cheap.

Edit he has another year at 5 mill on his Salary.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Worriers just squandered a 31 pt lead, lelz, what makes you think they are mentally tough?

Make up your mind.

Beating GSW is one thing, beating the Bucks or whoever is another thing.

You are talking like GSW is the last hurdle before getting the ring. They are not.

topfive and Lawlruschang like this.