1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you make this deal?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TraJ, May 12, 2000.

1. TraJ

TraJ Member

I was over at nbatalk.com just a few minutes ago, and I was messing with cc.net's draft lottery simulator. I actually got the Rockets the number one pick on my forth or fifth try. The Bulls had number three and number eight.

Here's the question: The Bulls want Mihm and Mihm evidently wants the Bulls. (It looks like he might pull out if it looks like the Bulls won't be able to get him.) If it looked like the number two team would take Mihmn, would you trade the number one pick for number three and number eight? The Bulls get Mihm and that leaves Martin or Swift at the number three spot (whichever isn't taken with number two). Plus it makes picking up Mike Miller possible if he falls as far as number eight.

Purely hypothetical, but I'd do it in a second. How about the number three pick and the Bulls other first round pick (mid-teens if I'm not mistaken)? That would probably be a little more reasonable, but you never know how badly they want Mihm.

------------------

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I'd do it. #1 for #3 and #8. Unless it cost us Swift, I'd do #1 for #3 and #20 something (I think that is where it is).

On another note, I thought of another likely scenario: Bryce Drew for the Clippers #19 pick.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Yes. Hell yes.

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Do it.

Mango

------------------
    Arch Stanton lives!

Donate Blood!

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

zzzzzz...ghllpthff...zzzzzzzz...ooh...mmmm

ooh...do it baby...faster...do it now...do it

zzzzzzzzzzz

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Drew for 19 doesn't sound that bad. Supposedly, there should be some pretty good players available there: E. Brown, Collier, Mottola, etc. On a related note, what's this talk about the Rox getting the #24 pick? How likely is that?

------------------

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oakdogg-Orlando has an option to take that pick from the Suns, from the Penny Hardaway deal. They owe us a pick, and if they take it, they'd likely give that one to us. It's #25

I just checked, the Clippers pick is #18. I'll throw out some more names: Maybe Olumide Oyededji, Donnell Harvey, Ernest Brown, Desmond Mason, Corey Hightower, JaRon Rush, Quentin Richardson could slip, SamSo, Carrawell, etc.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!