1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you give up CC or EG in a deal for KLove?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 29, 2019.

?

Would you give up EG or CC in a deal for KLove?

1. Yes - Either one (not together)

2. Yes to EG, no to CC

3. Yes to CC, no to EG

4. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Love still had it in him to compete, he would've asked for a trade by now. The truth is he's either washed or lost his motive to win any more rings.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hell to the no.

D-rock likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Klove for EG? I probably would, but we are going all in on over 30 year old max level players, which is scary.

We are pretty deep at guard.

joshuaao and Plowman like this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

Still has high numbers 17 and 9.

-fits in with our offense, can hit threes but also has the ability to score inside

-he’s the Ryno we deserved because he’s more athletic and has an easier time creating his own shot

-rebound machine

-not horrible at defense but not a defensive juggernaut. I wouldn’t say he’s a huge risk but matchups can be a pain for everybody outside of elite defenders

-Spaces the floor much more and fits into our offense in all categories, for our system he’s the perfect 4 and can slot in 5 for small ball which we play often anyway.

-Has won a ring, he’s got the experience even if it was riding on the back of Lebron.

I realize capela is a pretty good defender and a big body in the paint. Pretty much everything you could ask for in a non shooting center but offensively Loves game is basically best suited for rockets and a great match for our style n play.

The only reason I would pass on love is his injuries and potential drop off in his game. Capela has more upside of improving going forward. I’m not even a Kevin love fan tbh, just looking at it from the rockets perspective, style of play, the need to make changes/improvements, ownership and etc.

I mean it could be EG they trade instead

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Hell No id rather have clint and EG Love is too injury prone so i woudnt waste my time im not trading neither for him he dorsnt move the needle unless he is bought out and we sign him through a buyout other than that stay all the way away

6. mockster

mockster Member

Harden and WB are highly underrated defenders specially WB. I think they shouldn’t be seen as defensive worries maybe just not elite defenders. Harden can get lazy occasionally but most of the time he gets locked in and he’s fine.

Love is defiantly a hit but he’s not a Ryno downgrade though. He can be mixed and matched based on lineups and even benched. He’s not an absolute terrible defender either though just not great.

Denovo and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

man thats old news love is not the same player he once was man clint is 24 yrs old and is a perfect fit let it go nobody cares about allstar appearances when u stay hurt

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm not against trading EGo or even Clint, but not for KLove.

You trade EGo and/or Clint to upgrade the championship parts. Longer, younger, more athletic elite perimeter defenders.

Love is not a better 5 than Clint and not a better 3 point shooter than EGo. 3/4 positions on Rockets need to defend first, shoot 3 close second.

And EGo and Clint combined even have a better salary.

KLove if bought out is one thing, but trading either EGo and/or Clint is a definite "no" IMO.

Vivi likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That is a terrible trade

10. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

This Keven Love thread should stop right now. What is the love for Love with these people (pun intended). What has Kevin Love done lately other than sitting on the sideline with injury? Enough about this Love already. This league is about what have you done for me lately. We know what Capela did and can do going forward. Last playoff against GS should not define CC. If that's the case, every one this Rockets not named Harden, EG, and PJ Turker; and perhaps, Rivers should all be traded for other players because they played well against GS. Now back to EG. We surely know what he has done for the this organization. He has done well in my book. Who among these guys clamoring for Love can tell me if Capela is traded for Love, who plays the center - - Kevin Love? Or if we give up EG and several draft picks for Kevin Love as been discussed, who among these guys believe that Love can match EG production and value to the Rockets? NONE. Please, stop Kevin Love thread now, it's sickening. We need another piece, albeit, we are good as it is, power forward or 3 & D guys but not Kevin Love, please.

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Klove is the most hyped player on this board currently.

Hes been the leader for years and years.

Bazemore has given him a run for his money with covington coming on strong of late.

Damon stoudemire is the clutchfans most hyped 'hope to trade for' player ever ..not even close.

Respect to op I like him but disagree on this one.

D-rock likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Incorrect. Melo was

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No.

18/19 played 22 games
    17/18 played 59 games
    16/17 played 60 games

This franchise knows best on how injuries can derail a championship run (Yao Ming/ McGrady era).

The Royce White disability should scare the team away from K Love as well.

14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Bro stop...

javal_lon likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha melo had a nice run and got hot enough he even made it to the team. Ryan anderson was the same and finally made it.

But klove..he has been cf darling consistently for years upon years.

He is the workhorse of every trade machine or proposal.

Its not even close.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think the number of melo threads completely trumps klove

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't compare KL and Royce White, or anyone and Royce White for that matter on mental issues.

Royce has a lot more going on than anxiety disorder. He has done more damage to the image of it than he has helped. That dude is a con artist.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dude says he loves EG . but dude wants to trade him to Cleveland ... Lol

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Melo was hot around here no doubt but been there done that with melo.

And here we are years later STILL talking about klove.

When will it end?
    [​IMG]

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I will compare anyone I want with anyone I want. Mental issues can be devastating to deal with.

Nobody can guarantee me Love won’t relapse or crack under the pressure of a playoff run.

So stick it!! Free country