1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Nancy Pelosi Have A Sexism Problem Running For President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Mar 12, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think you have to understand what archetype these people represent in your brain on a deeper level... it's not sexist to inherently pick up on what the hell these harpies are. Your brain often catches things faster than you ever can when you think on it. It's a time saving mechanism...

[​IMG]

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with @JuanValdez . All women have a sexism problem. Pelosi would have one for sure.

I am not a fan of Pelosi. I do respect that she is extremely good at what she does.

I feel that she puts winning and playing the game ahead of principles. She has lied about policy in order to build public sentiment, and get agendas pushed through. I think she is very controlling in trying to reign in Democrats who think outside the Democrat box. I don't like those things about her. But she is very smart and able to do accomplish a lot because of some of those things that make me dislike her.

Of all the things about her that I dislike, there are men in the House and Senate including the Republican leaders that are far worse than Pelosi.

So yes she faces munumental sexism.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I appreciate that well thought out response. I think Democrats don't dislike McConnell just as much.

It takes a rare breed to really become a viable presidential candidate. Biden is winning on best shot against Trump status. Obama really is Reagan like in likability. Even Republicans had to lay off personal attacks. Would you say there has been a woman as likeable as them?

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to judge given the sexism from the media and society. Anne Richards was very likeable.

Buck Turgidson, Nook and pgabriel like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Great answer. Loved her

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Funny about Anne Richards. I remember the news interviewing an old guy before Clayton Williams screwing up. He was with his wife.

He said he didn't think the state was ready for a woman governor

8. Buck Turgidson

I hope we get beyond this soon. There are several female, arguably more than male, candidates who would make an excellent POTUS.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related
    @Os Trigonum

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of Pelosi but yes sexism would effect her candidacy. It's a deeply ingrained aspect of our culture.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We're so bottom of the barrel that pelosi is considered?

You could argue Trumps election happened because a majority wanted the opposite of what a female candidate would represent. OTOH, Hillary is a tough, calculating bird. She veered heavily towards stereotypically aggressive traits that she lost more women than analysts expected.

So I'm not sure how a woman would get elected at an existential downtime like this. Maybe the best chance would be after a 2 term Trump.

When people are fraid and anxious, they want either comfort or for someone's ass to get beat down to make everyone else look better. Cons and authoritarian nut huggers use the latter to meet the former.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

I was gonna say "weird post to bump this with", but then I unfortunately hit the unignore button.

13. HTM

HTM Member

Run at 84? Haven’t these olds been ruining the country long enough?

14. Buck Turgidson

Time for the GenX takeover

Xerobull likes this.
  15. HTM

HTM Member

Ah, I know who to gripe at when GenX does poorly as well @Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Everybody gets a shot.

All the people younger than us complain that they weren't taught in HS how to balance a checkbook/budget, make food, air up a flat tire, file taxes, etc...

Not about to trust a country to those peeps. Yet.

17. Major

Major Member

There is a lot of statistical evidence that women actually fare better in legislative elections (Congress, state house, etc) but do worse in executive elections (Gov, Pres, etc). Same issues women face as CEO's but are more accepted in other roles.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Felony or no?

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yes that should be a felony

ROXRAN likes this.