1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin & Asik ' make and EC Team.. Top 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ben Frank, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Would Lin & Asik, make Milwaukee, Orlando, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, New York (bottom 5) a top 4 seed in the Eastern Conference? Take consideration that one of these team would be without a key player...

The East is well known as the weakest conference by a Large Margin, Minus Indiana, and Miami.. everyone else is in the mix for 3rd.. So I think this is a fair question..

1 person likes this.
  2. PatBeverleyFan

Depends on the coach and the other players on the roster

3. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

You can't do much if teams want to tank like no tomorrow.;)

4. conquistador#11

definitely. asik defensively can get so much done for a team, and then you add lin, who can drop 19 if taking the average amount of shots.

the problem would be can they stay health? can win games if you're modeling for express and whatever burlington coat factory designer asik endorses.

5. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

Depends on team chemistry and coaches. I thought that deron Williams, Garnett, pierce, Johnson, and Lopez would be top 3. I know they've had injuries, but never would've predicted they'd be this bad.

6. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Agreed. If the coach wanted Lin, then yes. If the GM got Lin against the coach's secret wishes, then no way. Lin kinda sucks without confidence if you haven't all noticed.

7. coffeelover665

Knicks and Nets would kill to have Lin and Asik right now. Morey will make a move on the eve of new years to one of these desperate teams.

8. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

You can see the headlines now.

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I think if Asik was traded to Charlotte he could make them a 4th or 5th seed team in the east.

If Lin was traded to the Magic,(cause I would want Nelson here ;]) he can get them to 8th seed if everything goes well for them no higher then 6th seed tho.

10. ryebread

ryebread Member

higher than 6th. lin and afflalo would be a top-3 backcourt in the eastern conference. vucevic and asik would make up one of the best rebounding frontcourts in all of the nba (assuming vucevic isn't involved in the trade).

doubt this will happen though, orlando looks committed to tanking this season.

11. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I don't know if they could get 4th, but they would definitely get into the playoffs.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah probably

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Charlotte is currently the 5th seed in the East without Asik. :p

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Charlotte also possesses one of the best defenses in the league with a marshmallow defender like Jefferson down there so with Asik I could see them being the third seed.Clifford has turned that team around with the JVG school of defense he brought over.Employing this guy might end up one of best moves Jordan ever made.