1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Kyrie winning MVP over Harden be a travesty?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

fun fact: those were the same 4th qtr numbers by the 2015 mvp js

DonKnock, s3ts, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What? You are telling me that Curry's numbers were worse than Harden's numbers that year because his team was blowing teams out and that should matter in the MVP race? I mean, I remember hearing that in 2015 but I guess that doesn't matter now.

it's 2017-18 and we are going by clutch time points this year.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Have you guys realized how awful Harden is this year in garbage time? Man, he has been playing really bad in the 4th quarters, but this game since the entire second half is garbage time, he was completely M.I.A in the 3rd quarter, where he used to lead the NBA in scoring. Doesn't this guy know how to pad his stats? Didn't he how Westbrook played until the last minute in tonight's game in garbage time trying to get an assist for triple double?

4. Tocoal2000

Tocoal2000 Member

Has anybody noticed now that the celtics have lost you can' find one thing about them on ESPN. Just a small article that they lost. Not 1 game photo on Instagram. But when they beat the mavericks they were everywhere. I damn near had to scroll for minutes before I found something that wasn' saying Celtics, or kyrie...My god Victor Olidipo has better stats

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Kyrie Irving narrative isn't even normal for the nba, this is up in that Trump level,

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is still #1 on NBA.com’s MVP ladder

“While relative newcomers like Kyrie Irving and Giannis Antetokounmpo have garnered much of the early season MVP buzz, Harden has somewhat quietly gone about the business of maintaining his status as arguably the most unstoppable offensive force in the league. And he’s done nothing but bolster his case for the No. 1 spot on this list for a Rockets team that is 9-1 in its last 10 games, tied with Irving’s Celtics for the best mark in the league. Now that Chris Paul appears to be healthy and back in a groove, Harden might not have to shoulder as much of the responsibility of driving the Rockets as he has previously. His 21 points in Wednesday’s rout of the Denver Nuggets was his lowest scoring outing this month. His 32 minutes against the Nuggets marked just the third time all season he’s logged fewer than 33 minutes in a game. And he’ll get an extra day of rest in advance of Saturday’s visit from the New York Knicks.”

Kyrie is 2, Bron is 3, Steph is 4, and Embiid is 5

the Giannis hype has really died down

DonKnock, Deuce, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The fact that Kyrie is #2 is frightening. He should not be #2.

DonKnock, HakeemOnlyFan, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

All narrative. I told you before, face and heel. Face and heel. NBA loves stories.

The BIGGEST story going into the season was, how would Kyrie do on his "own" team?(Granted he has 2 other all-stars at the time and a top 5 coach), but it's narrative here. He has face appeal.

If you think it's just about winning and having great stats, you're a year old brah.

Harden really should get MVP this year, if he keeps this up. 30/8 with Paul(is a must), play 75 games + is a must, 32/12 without Paul, top 4 record in NBA, top 2 west. He should be a 3-time MVP, honestly.

SIL

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not really frightening. Once you accept that there's no way Harden out-narratives other candidates, it's all good.

Chris Paul is back, so the media will declare that Harden has more help than anybody else, and he will lose. We've seen this story before. Harden is not going to be voted MVP, because he is simply not a media darling. It is what it is.

DonKnock, s3ts and buffalobills!!! like this.
  10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Would Kyrie winning MVP over Harden be a travesty? -
    "Umm, YES. Close thread and move on."

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That is literally the dumbest thing I’ve read in my life. And I’ve read some dumb ****!

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I didn’t find it even remotely funny, but you quoted an obviously facetious attempt at humor

13. Blurr#7

14. Blurr#7

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Horford might be the best player on the Celtics

DonKnock, Huricane, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kyrie with another amazing game: 18 points on 6-16 shooting, 9 assists, 6 turnovers, and a game worst -21

the stupid media will eventually come to their senses and realize that his stats are a joke for an MVP winner

Bron is the biggest threat now...his stats are insane and the Cavs are winning

Giannis barely even gets talked about these days, his team is too mediocre

Deuce, DonKnock and riko like this.
  17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, i wonder why suddenly team record is important again after it was two seasons ago (Curry MVP) but didn't count **** last season...****ing lol.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The media will spend 1000 man hours on the 25 words Trump puts on social media while he takes a dump

20. BackdoorHarden

There is no way you can't give the MVP to Harden.

No one is even close to Harden this year. NO ONE

IT'S A LOCK. HARDEN for MVP. HE will not get robbed 3 times!! NO WAY

DonKnock and Zergling like this.