1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Contracts: Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How the hell is Pippen and Barkley related to Ryan Anderson's crap contract?
    If you even remember, Barkley got paid the minimum to get Pippen to sign with the Rockets.

Code:

Season                  Team         Lg   Salary
    1984-85   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA   307000
    1985-86   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA   437500
    1987-88   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA   822500
    1988-89   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA  1536000
    1989-90   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA  3000000
    1990-91   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA  2900000
    1991-92   Philadelphia 76ers        NBA  3200000
    1992-93         Phoenix Suns        NBA  2420000
    1993-94         Phoenix Suns        NBA  3250000
    1994-95         Phoenix Suns        NBA  4030000
    1995-96         Phoenix Suns        NBA  4760000
    1996-97      Houston Rockets        NBA  4695000
    1997-98      Houston Rockets        NBA  2250000
    1998-99      Houston Rockets        NBA  1000000
    1999-00      Houston Rockets        NBA  9000000
    Career              (may be incomplete) 43608000

Provided by [url=https://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool]Basketball-Reference.com[/url]: [url=https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barklch01.html?sr&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#all_salaries]View Original Table[/url]
    Generated 7/17/2017.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry but you cannot even compare players like Horford and Batum to Anderson. Barnes is also a better player, some people here likes to make fun at him, or better, at Cuban, but Barnes can play both ends, can shoot, can guard 3 positions and he's 25 so yeah, he's better value than Anderson.

Edit: "Ryan Anderson close to a semi star"...lmfao, some people is as delusional as the Blazers fans thinking they can get Melo and be better than us with him, just saying...

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

dont feel sorry for barkley he maid micheal money with reebokk. LoL.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

dude you even google the facts you are pretending to know?

[​IMG]

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Put barnes on this team. He would not of avg 19.1 ppg with harden here imo im just saying ...

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Like i care about that fat scrubs lifeline of achievements lol

7. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

All this talk doesn't matter. Melo is coming to Houston in a buyout and the Rockets will lose no assets. Anderson will come off the bench. We caught word that his preferred destination is Houston and I believe the kid at the Astros game about Paul talking with Melo. I believe man baby. It's happening.

Paul/Gordon
    Harden/Moute
    Ariza/Tucker
    Melo/Anderson
    Capela/Nene

Our 2nd team is a playoff team in the east.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

You are the reason why Clutch is banning people.
    You can't just post BS without looking up the facts.

You idiot, everybody knows Barkley is Nike person. You said he reebok with some crap grammar .
    if you can't figure that out by the picture, you can't read.

Jpripper88 and don grahamleone like this.
  9. mightybosstone

Anderson's contract is bad, but it's hardly the disaster everyone is making it out to be. He had kind of a down year, and he sucked in the postseason. But if I told you before the season that he would shoot 40+ percent from the 3-point line, nearly double his 3-pointers made from a year ago and play in 72 games, you probably call that a win. And, yes, his overall production took a hit, but his floor spacing was key for their offensive attack and Harden's penetration.

The salary cap projections taking such a hit is really what killed this contract. If the salary cap had been more like $105 million+ like everyone expected it to be this time last summer, than Ryno's deal would only look like a slight overpay. But if he remains the starting PF of this team next season, I'm ultimately still OK with that because I think he's still a good fit for what this team needs out of its starting PF. And I think his contract will ultimately regain value as the salary cap increases.

kubli9 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

This is such bs. Ryan Anderson is valuable in this league. He deserves in the open market I think around 15 million annual contract in todays nba. Hes really good at what he does. 40 percent volume 3 point shooter 6'10" PFs arent common

So what 4 million more a year than his FMV in todays nba? 12 Million more over 4 years.

So sick of this ****. Hes not bad contract if you need his skillset. He fits just fine in our system. If we dont get melo, Im fine with him at PF with our other additions.

This disdain towards anderson is from the truly ignorant around here. There are so many more worse contracts.

Anderson is more valuable to us than to other teams. His contract isnt bad its just hard to move.

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You are institgating my ban, so stay away mr terminator. people make mistakes ...

And btw barkley made pumps for rebokk... eat that.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh i won't disagree with this, and even if he would do other things better for us, i was not talking about Barnes here, but in general.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

All this talk about Anderson's contract being a terrible one is overrated, it's getting to that point where the drama with Melo is getting annoying and I don't really care if the Rockets get Melo or not. Anderson's stock definitely fell in the playoffs when his shooting stunk. He wasn't making the same 3's he was in the regular season and I think it had a part to do with adding Lou but it doesn't really matter to be honest.

Bottom line is that there are plenty of other questionable contracts given out there to players that don't deserve it, while Anderson is overpaid he doesn't have an albatross of a contract yet because his production is still decent. This doesn't derail from the obvious fact that Anderson outside of his shooting he doesn't do many other things well. I'm interested in having him come off the bench with the signing of Luc Mbah a Moute. Our depth on the bench is turning out to be come pretty good defensive players, hopefully this offsets the current lack of defensive that last years roster had.

15. jsingles

jsingles Member

No wonder Les is selling.

Exiled likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

People just need to get real on Anderson contract and stop being over defensive for no reason, nobody is saying we should cut him cause he sucks, but there's a reason why no nba team is even willing to trade a future 2nd rounder for him and why every writer says his contract is bad...or let's say "not that good" if this doesn't hurt your feelings.

Saying "a 4 that can shoot 40% in today nba has great value" over and over won't change reality.

pippendagimp and Reeko like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

FAKE.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/08/18/michael-jordan-reebok/

“I don’t believe in endorsing my competition,” Jordan said. “I feel very strongly abut loyalty to my own company.”

And rightfully so, as Jordan had recently signed a $25 million endorsement contract to sell Nike products.

“Us Nike guys are loyal to Nike because they pay us a lot of money,” said Charles Barkley. “I have two million reasons not to wear Reebok.”

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

His contract is hard to move because it's bad. He's not worth the money, period. He's not an albatross on the level of a Joakim Noah, Deng, or Mozgov, but nobody is giving up anything of real value for him, and most teams will request an asset or 2 attached to him in order to take him.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did u just call Ryan Anderson a semi-star?? o_O

c'mon man...

20. tinman

Supporting Member

For the dumb people who don't understand reading and math,
    it's the CONTRACT.

Let's say, the Rockets want to get trade for Carmelo, they have to get rid of Anderson's CONTRACT.

Before the Knicks hit pause on Carmelo Anthony trade talks, finding a new home for Anderson was the primary holdup,

Mazulis likes this.