1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Women or Menstruating Person…really?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jun 21, 2022.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Both have the words “Men” in them…is this an example of a simple Subservient Toxic Unilateral Pronoun Inferred Designation or more woke nonsensense?

Wouldn’t it be proper to rip the signs off the women bathroom signs and place a sign that says “Menstruating Person” but then where would those that identify as a woman but factually cannot menstruate do? …The ramifications are as endless as California electric grid constraints requiring more fossil fuel than ever.. someone halp

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mi...-menstruating-people-gop-gov-hopefuls-respond

@tinman

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like any of this actually matters

Two Sandwiches and No Worries like this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Quick fun thing to distract from the GOP trying to overthrow Democracy.

Weird thing, but now back to the treason trials.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't see the problem with that usage in the context of sexual reproduction. It is more precise and has less political baggage. Womanhood means different things to different people.

Nook likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

People actually give a fck about this stuff? Lmao

7. ROXRAN

If it didn’t matter… why are multiple woke politicians emphasizing that terminology. It’s coming from one side and we know wokes are proven to copy each other reverently.

Do you also believe in truths over facts?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. ROXRAN

If anything it seems a dig at people that use to be men that self identify as women. If we separate the layers of how we identify women by biological standards, then it’s the non biological women that will be ostracized to some degree.

You are correct it’s less “political baggage” …their is more facts then truths involved but this also dis favors the LGQTBIXYZ community

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

You convinced me. I can’t deal with a world like this…. Menstrating person? That’s it I’m too sick to work for the next week.

#Trump22 **** your feelings

Nook likes this.
  10. durvasa

What do abortion rights have to do with people that used to be men and now identify as women? Again, the context here was reproductive rights. Hence the biologically-rooted terminology, as opposed to the disputed culturally-rooted terminology.

Nook likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

It’s not about abortions. It’s about choosing facts over truths which is against the Biden/ far left platform of choosing truths over facts

12. durvasa

No, it's very explicitly about abortions. Read the article you post next time.

Whitmer made the comments after being asked a question about a proposed amendment to the Michigan state constitution protecting access to abortion for its citizens should the Supreme Court overturn Roe v. Wade.

The proposal's initiative is being led by a group called Reproductive Freedom For All, and it will only appear on the ballot if a minimum number of petition signatures required by state law are obtained and certified by the board of state canvassers by July 11.

"What should we expect — this is a scary one —what should we expect if the reproductive freedom proposal fails? Are you able to protect reproductive rights without that proposal passing if Roe v. Wade fails? What can voters do to help preserve our freedom of choice?" asked Erica Peresman, the Michigan Democratic Party's voter protection director.

"So we saw where we thought Dobbs was going to be headed, and this was prior to the draft opinion coming out publicly," Whitmer responded. "So we looked at all the tools that I have as governor and determined a couple of unique things I can do."

"Number one: I have the constitutional ability to bring a lawsuit to protect constitutional rights of people of Michigan. So I brought a lawsuit on behalf of all the menstruating people in Michigan — 2.2 million. And another tool I have is to go straight to our state Supreme Court," she added.

jiggyfly and TheJuice like this.
  13. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Trans men (FTM) menstruate, hence the designation. Trans women cannot, although we do have side effects that mimic period cramps. The same goes for women who have their uterus or ovaries removed; it's just a side effect of estrogen causing the muscles to smooth.

I personally think it's silly- both in the first place and the overreaction to it, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. If the biggest issue trans people have to face is awkwardly terminology involving periods, then I think we've come a long way lol (not to say we're there yet). This also goes back to my other post, where I point out that LGBT people are horrible at messaging and the Left in general still doesn't understand how to navigate the media ecosystem. The right, in contrast, has perfected it. Especially now that we have social media where anything can be taken out of context and every wacko has a platform and can be mocked on Tucker, Hannity, OANN, 4chan, Truth Social, Parler, Gab, etc. etc.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you know how ridiculous that statement sounds when we are watching impeachment hearings about Trump and his goons knowingly and willingly choosing to spread lies over the truth that he lost the Election?

VooDooPope likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truths over facts? I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't even know what it is to be "woke" other than it's a pejorative the right uses for anyone who is progressive. Frankly I think the whole thing is one big distraction.

Instead of discussing the issues, let's pick apart the words someone is using. The is the right's version of being politically correct ironically by complaining about other people being politically correct.

Deckard likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

My point is The politicians like aoc, and whitmer clearly are making this a obvious convoluted issue
    Biden said he chooses truths over facts …what was that about?!

17. Nook

Nook Member

There are trans men that can have children and can menstruate so she used the more accurate term… women and menstruating person and not synonyms.

jiggyfly and TheJuice like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

No they wouldn’t be ostracized… because they cannot get pregnant and that was the topic of discussion.

19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I think a lot of Americans would let Trump walk if it meant sticking it to the libs. They see us as satanic perverts.

20. durvasa

What is convoluted or non-factual about menstruation?

You are insisting on a certain word being used for no reason other than that's the word that you grew up with and are used to. Don't act like this is a factual dispute. It's not.