1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woman commits suicide after arrest for using adult toy on beach goes viral

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 30, 2023.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is pretty sad. There need to be protocols for this and some sort of privacy. The media has blood on their hands here. From the video it seems she really did think she was alone

FranchiseBlade, tinman and Nook like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is sad. We live in a culture that both has voyeuristic yet also puritanical attitudes about sex. I also suspect social media had a field day both mocking and shaming her.

It sounds like she had a lot of other stuff going on in her life too and all of this pushed her over the edge.

mtbrays, Sajan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Her family has said it didn't. They said she had extensive drug and alcohol issues as well as a lot of personal problems (job, family, ect...).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

(ignoring the specifics of this case)

I'm fine with the right to have your indecent exposure crimes be hidden from the general public view unless specifically allowable by the state or a court. Media can go buzz on something else.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is always my concern.
    Look at the websites like PEOPLE OF WALMART. Com
    TMZ
    and various things like that

We are constantly filming people without their permission
    and then posting them for the world.

Women doing it to those guys they think are watching them in the gym
    even if they not. . .. F'ing those guy's lives up

Rocket River

Nook likes this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it was a dude with a fleshlight, would the tone of the story be any different?

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes - but for good reason honestly. Women are not a physical threat to men, and commit very few sex crimes.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I don't think that qualifies as a good reason to humiliate this woman publicly, even postumously.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Still sad story even if the release of the video didn’t cause her death. The embarrassment and shame she felt over what happened probably really added to her other problems.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That is a good question and I think likely would change it for the reasons Nook cited.

we’ve seen men able to come back from public humiliation for such things like Paul Rueben’s and Jeffrey Toobin. If it was a man as long as he showed honest contrition and a belief that he didn’t think anyone was around they might garner sympathy.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

She was a real estate agent, they publically humiliated her and paraded her through the restaurant for no reason.

another source mentioned she understandably lost clients which precipitate the downward spiral.

maybe she had other things going on too…but no doubt this played a role

13. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think so either… I hope that isn’t how you took what I posted.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She had a kid at 16 and 20 then left her husband to relive her lost youth. Drugs are always bad...

It wasn't wrong for the Karen to call the cops on her. Maybe the police should've exercised "discretion" by not parading her inside a restaurant, but they were treating her like every other suspect.

Not sure how the body cam footage leaked. Seems incredibly wrong that midemeanors like that isn't sealed after a period of time. It shouldn't take an expensive court process to expunge digital evidence from the public record.

Lesson here: Even innocent, never admit anything and lawyer the **** up. Bodycams are not your friend.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

Damn wish I could save her. She wouldn't need a toy thats for sure. RIP

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

To many times I see people talk to cops as if the cops were actually trying to help...........the cops are not your friend, lawyer the **** up and shut your trap. What they did to this poor lady is F`d up, there was no need to parade her around like that, this is a victimless crime, give her a ticket and go away................and to the person who felt the need to call the cops, get a life

VanityHalfBlack and Ubiquitin like this.