1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

I guess I misinterpreted the article I read. I was wrong.

My main point was Chris simply did not come into the season with the best body possible (probably didn’t expect himself to lose a step either) and now he has to adjust.

amaru likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that presser video coupled with the numerous videos of him playing competitive ball last summer tells me that conditioning probably wasn't an issue entering the season, and more likely he just got old. his subpar season is not unlike the dozens of other old players we've seen slow down -- see melo. that's why i find it unreasonable to just expect him to have an improved bounce-back season now. i mean, based on what? i hope it happens but i don't see how

malakas likes this.
  3. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

When you analyze Chris’ body during his career, he has always been very stocky and thick. I wasn’t alluding to conditioning but more so his weight. And even then, you can’t properly contextualize the conditioning in pickup games as opposed to the NBA where there is many more possessions and much more physicality. It’s just a huge disparity between the two. But anyways, he’s been a stockier and thicker guard because his strength and low center of gravity was a way he made up for his height. The problem is he’s getting slower with age so to help that he needs to get lighter. And I think his vegan diet will help with that. He even looks skinnier to me in recent pictures.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ok so in post #700 of this thread you stated "He spent all last summer trying to rehab his hamstring."

which was not true. and now you're saying he had a down year because he had too much muscle?

i don't know how this vegan diet is going to work out, but i'll be happy if it just helps him maintain last season's level and not regress any further.

5. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

I misinterpreted an article I read where he spoke about him rehabbing during the off season. He didn’t specify how long it was so I logically deduced he must have spent his off season time rehabbing and getting healthier instead of recalibrating his body.

No, that’s not what I said. I said him playing with the weight he’s played with over the course of his career may not be a good idea going forward because of his athleticism declining. It’s pretty obvious the decline to what led to his off year last season but he has to do something to counteract that.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed...sometimes Father Time pulls up to the driveway and says “let’s go,” and there’s nothing a player can really do about it

many on CF still believed CP0 still got it and was in better shape heading into this past season yet we all saw what the deal was...dude heavily declined

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/chris-paul-is-stupidly-good.293607/

there were more threads like this too, especially when everyone was looking good and “in the best shape of their career” during preseason

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

CP3 won't get more physically younger or able, but he can find new, different ways of being effective. Think Grant Hill, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Kobe Bryant.