1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do you really want to start beef over this?

2. Nook

Nook Member

Daryl Morey makes a push like this every couple seasons..... the man literally cuts years off his life every time he does this..... he becomes absolutely obsessed.

I really would have liked to have seen Morey and JVG..... because JVG is the same way.... I could see both stuck in a crappy Motel 8 with the door blocked and shades drawn down while the just repeatedly call every single GM in the league and watch highlights of some 7 footer in Turkey playing basketball between a couple of camels and lusting about his exquisite three point form.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Nah, this discussion is a moo point.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

MCW is a Rockets legend and responsible for an NBA record. Bring him home.

BHannes2BHonest and Williamson like this.
  5. basketballholic

Tucker doesn't do red meat.

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

The Sports guy chimes in.......

Aruba77 and matchesmalone like this.
  7. Fyreball

Eh, I think it's more likely Philly calls a press conference just to tell all of Boston and its surrounding areas to **** off.

8. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

The Celtics did not win 67 games

RocketWalta, lionaire and donkeypunch like this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well presumably the leverage would be they can deal with us or Butler will just join a team that has the cap space and they get nothing. Same as with Chris Paul essentially. Not sure why that's hard for Bill to understand. Also, for somebody who is buddies with Daryl he sure seems to hate on us a lot.

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Or Elton Brown could say...we're letting Jimmy Butler walk for no assets in return.

Pretty sure the city of Philly would be happy about that. They don't need assets, right?

RyanB likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

What is their leverage? Butler leaves and the Sixers get nothing?

If the Sixers deal with the Rockets they will get pretty good assets. At worst Sixers liquidate the assets into draft picks.

The Sixers paid a high price for Butler at the deadline, they don't want to have nothing to show for it.

Also I am fairly certain Simmons has some sort cognitive limitation or developmental issue..... he seems to not understand a lot of things.

12. Fyreball

Well the problem is that currently, they don't view any of our players as assets. So to answer your question, yes, they'd rather let Jimmy walk in order to get cap flexibility. Now if we can flip our players for draft picks.....now that might be enough to get Philly to pick up the phone. Right now, it's very clear that Morey is using Woj as a mouth-piece to get his message out there.

This is my interpretation of what's happening anyways.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. Yup. hes all butt hurt his celtics are kinda in shambles.

clutchdabear and matchesmalone like this.
  14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

That's what I mean...I'm pretty sure Morey isn't dumb enough to offer a trade with Philly without any picks involved.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Simmons' takes are always wrong, so cue It's Happening.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. maw7079

maw7079 Member

This is NOT happening.

17. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Our best hope this offseason is to get Danny Green for the vet min. That could be enough. Jimmy Butler is too far-fetched. I appreciate Morey but reality is reality.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If I’m trying to win a championship next year, there’s no way I’m trading my defensive lynchpin (Tucker). He’s too important to my team, and what we do. Philly can have Gordon and Capela or picks in a three-team scenario or they can risk Butler going elsewhere and forgoing their maximum contract offer. Also, why would Butler want to force the Rockets to lose three-fifths of their starting lineup if winning is a top priority for him? I understand he wants a maximum contract, but depleting the Rockets’ roster in the process makes no sense.

Furthermore, I realize Gordon is inconsistent, but the way he played to start last season was replacement-level bad. At that time, he was shooting below 30% from the three-point line. We’ll never know for sure, but I can’t imagine the trade rumors not weighing on him. I tend to believe that’s why he came out and said he wasn’t having fun.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You aren’t getting Danny Green to leave Toronto for the veteran’s minimum. It would require most if not all of the taxpayer MLE.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

How old was Shane Battier when he won his rings with Miami? PJ played most of his career overseas, he hardly has the wear-and-tear that most 34 year olds have.

clutchdabear likes this.