1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Not very high.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think Charlotte would take on CP3's bad contract without unloading a bad contract of their own, though.

3. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I hope Morey finds a way in trading CP3 to free up Cap space.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

“Morey said he hoped to make a “high-quality” player addition by using his midlevel exception, an indication that he would seek to use it on one significant free agent than on multiple players.”

That item was from a Feigen story. Seems clear that the MLE (in FULL) is being held for someone NOT on the roster. So either Rivers takes Vet Min (with a wink/wink for next year with Early Bird Rights) or else he isn't here next season.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather find a way to get Aaron Gordon without losing Eric Gordon.

Orlando can keep Fournier and Movgoz.

mikol13 and tc0330 like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like the old saying goes: "You've got to give a Gordon to get a Gordon."

7. alethios

alethios Member

Yep there just wasn't (isn't) a market for an aging veteran who has lost a step where 4-5 year contracts are available, unless he's realistic about his value. At most, I would consider a 3 yr deal for him but not at $12-15M, more like $9-10M.

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. Sanity2disChaos

Honestly think only Capela and Gordon get traded.
    Can’t see anyone other than the Lakers would maybe want Paul.

If Morey can get a Decent big man that actually plays BIG, a star starter @SF/PF and a legit scorer off the bench I’d call that a win.

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Everybody seems to know something which is a big pile of nothin!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But we should have signed Trevor at $15 million because if it didn't work out Washington was waiting to send Oubre and Rivers our way. I mean, that's a definite given according to some on here. Absolutely no risk at all.

topfive and YOLO like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

As of last summer, Trevor was worth the same contract we signed him to before: 3 or 4 years at about $8M per. I think he realized he'd signed for less than his worth on THAT contract and was hoping to make up for it on his next one(s). And, since he got $15M for one year, he's off to a good start in that quest.

alethios and steddinotayto like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a team that is now dysfunctional. Tilman clearly has a hand in this mess and all of this bodes poorly.

Players don't want to join a dysfunctional team. Other teams look to take advantage of dysfunctional organizations. And dysfunctional teams do not compete at a championship level.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

If this team is still a complete mess by opening night I'm with you, give me a pitchfork and I'll join the riot. That being said, it's still way too early to write of next season's team when the off-season hasn't even started yet.

RocketsMAN! and RayRay10 like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

The offseason started once we choked away game 6 and it hasn't been pretty since. Also this offseason is turning out worse than last year's **** show

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. steddinotayto

Did they move up the draft and free agency period without telling us? Because all of the whining and b****ing about finding players or trading for players--whether it's a big name or some scrub--really can't materialize yet.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd take Aaron in a heartbeat but they're not going to trade their best player and contract for our asset.

18. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

The CP3 to PHX rumor is interesting IF the Rockets fall in love with Cam Reddish.

19. steddinotayto

We're not getting that draft pick. If anything it'll be for Tyler Johnson and Josh Jackson.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Khris Middleton would be ideal if Butlerquest 2019™ fails.

BigShasta and treyk3 like this.