1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With a sweep on the line, Dwight just quit on his team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 28, 2013.

1. HL3

HL3 Member

We just went through an entire season with Howard on our team?

2. hahachui

hahachui Member

If we get Howard....we have to trade Asik....
    Asik for a combo guard? like J.Jack?

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The post he quoted was stating that Howard + Harden is less than Lakers Big 4 + MWP

4. RocketPowerNick

Howard is 10000x better than Asik. Imagine all the alley oops this team could have?

5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I think the better question is if you want one of these in Houston.

[​IMG]

6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Is it even possible to keep Asik and obtain Howard? D12 at the 4 would be a perfect fit!

7. Raven

Raven Member

At what cost? Dwight will want a S&T, and the Lakers will be in no mood to give him away. If it does happen, though, don't be surprised if the package includes Lin, Asik, Parsons, and multiple picks. In other words, all of our best assets not named Harden.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, "10000x better" equates to more lobs? Do you know how expensive Howard is going to be?

I'd rather have Asik and sign two good, solid players to our squad, than trade away Asik just because we have Howard.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why would drought want a SnT?

Makes absolutely no sense, unless he wants to devalue the team he's going to and improve the team he's leaving.

He won't make any more money due to a SnT in the new cba. If he goes to Houston, its a straight up signing.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

"Dwight it seems like you are somewhat optimistic about returning to this team next year! Or... am I reading too much into it?"

*Dwight with the most serious, pissed off, dejected look on his face*
    "You're reading too much into it."

THIS MAN IS NOT COMING BACK

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You should catch up on the new S&T rules.

13. BigMaloe

What about the quote this entire season has been a nightmare i couldn't wake up from, couldn't leave.

14. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I was actually just saying that to a friend of mine! He just needs to start winning, and the love for him will come back just like it did with Lebron. Seriously, before this whole fiasco, he was one of the most liked players in the league.

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I remember Kobe (even Mitch?) said Lakers were Dwight's team after the trade. It never was and never will be for as long as Kobe is there. This probably wasn't what Dwight expected when he went to LA.

In the back of Dwight's mind, he will never 100% buying in what Mitch has to sell this summer. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Kobe will 99% retire as a Laker. There are as many KOF's (Kobe) as there are fans support Lakers. Mitch just can't simply amnesty Kobe. He will also go down as one of the most hated Lakers' GMs if he does.

How can he amnesty one of the greatests Lakers who won 5 championships for them??

The pressure that comes playing with Kobe will probably be the biggest reason if Dwight doesn't stay in LA.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That too. Haha.
    Some of these reporters are b****es, trying to shoehorn questions in and trying to guilt trip Dwight. LEAVE LA DWIGHT. LEAVE LA.

17. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

His answer sounded as if he was speaking about the team as a whole with the injuries and such.

18. BigMaloe

Not when coupled with him saying (dead seriously) the reporter was looking too much into it when asked if he was optimistic about coming back.

19. Raven

Raven Member

You couldn't pay me enough money to keep up with that byzantine crap.

:)

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

He avoid all the free agency comments with very smooth answers that didn't give an indication one way or the other.
    Makes me think he was prepared and has been thinking about it.

We still got a chance. 50/50 to sign Dwight.

I hope we play Rockets basketball and beat OKC the next couple of games to impress him.