1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

William Buckley- The American objective in Iraq has failed.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Feb 24, 2006.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course TJ can provide absolutely no substance or evidence to back up his accusations of the liberals motives, or desires, but he still ignorantly shouts them as loud as his ignorant l'il voice will cry out.

This is great stuff TJ. Buckley is saying the same things that the anti-war crowd is saying, and you have no rebuttal as to the substance of the argument, but decide, instead to attack some of the people making the argument(again based on no real facts, substance, or evidence to back it up)while defending the others who made the same argument. Absolutely hilarious.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

When it comes to substantive arguments regarding Iraq and what has happened, it certainly doesn't take the smartest person in the world to have a better track record than this administration's policies and their supporters on the substantial issues involved.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Well..... YES!

There are those who want us there. We ousted a crooked regime and leftover henchmen and terrorists of all stripes are trying to earn their street cred by killing every young Iraqi who signs up for the police force in order to enforce the rule of law in a neophyte democracy.

My nephew came back from Iraq a few weeks ago. We went and saw him arrive at Fort Bragg. We had dinner with him. It's not all like the war critics would have us believe.

4. giddyup

Don't let it kill you, Batman. :D

Truth is that I've only skimmed the Buckley article. Back spasms have prevented me from sitting here too long, so I just skimmed over the responses. That's where the fun is.

I don't think it is a matter of semantics OR shall we conclude that semantics are important? Was it invasion or liberation? rape or lovemaking? Is that just semantics, too?

5. houstonpoker

houstonpoker Contributing Member

So, relying on premature conclusions and using selective highlights of information to validate wishful thinking are bad ways to make decisions?

I can't place my finger on it.... but this sounds oddly familiar. ;)

#45 houstonpoker, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Your partisan myopia belongs in the Guiness Book of World Records.

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

A sure symptom of insomnia-goofiness;

I misread the thread title as "The American objective in Iraq has farted."

Then I wondered what it meant.

Then I started laughing like a hyena.

Then I realized that it said "failed."

Then I felt sad.

Now I'm typing.

Carry on.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so its just your own opinion..

you made it sound like "millions upon millions of iraqis" agrees with you.. not even majority of the US agrees with you..

iti can easily be said that

US entered IRAQ by force to conquer and pillage - TRUE
    US overrrun IRAQ - TRUE
    US harmfully entered and permeated IRAQ - TRUE

but whatever word we agree on, my point was the administration significantly highlighted only bits of information to support its objective.. and that costed the lives on american soldiers, iraqi civilians, increase of hatred and people against US, and US taxpayers money.. that's far worse than what this guy is doing in his opinion piece..

9. giddyup

You forgot raping... or is that what you meant by entered and permeated?

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

So did you....

[​IMG]

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

:D "Rape is funny!" - giddyup

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Interesting. We all recognize there are little frat boy games going on around here... Look at me, I'm funny! You're p0wned! and other stuff, which is usually fine. But when the topic is Iraq and death and harm to our country, when does it cease to be a game? When does reality become more important than scoring partisan points or personal puffery?

When the war started, I remember posting a question to those in favor asking how many casualties would it take for the invasion not to be worth it? Not surprisingly, I got no answer. This is a similar issue: What has to happen for those who support this administration to quit clowning around, playing semantic games and copying the "Young Republican How to Argue With a Liberal" playbook?

13. giddyup

A very regrettable but minor occurrence.

14. giddyup

:D

Please don't quote me falsely.... ;)

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What do you mean by minor? Dead people, raped people, and folks lying on the ground with a bloody throat, in a prison run by the U.S. doesn't seem monitor to me.

What happened certainly wasn't minor, but you may have been referring to something else.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah they should be happy that we liberated them.. "millions upon millions of iraqis" are very grateful..

this is just like the non-existent WMDs..very minor indeed..

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Regrettable and minor compared to 9/11 and our success in the war against terror! Hell, it barely even happened!

[​IMG]

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tom Tomorrow is genius.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

By the way, where were the liberals in Torino, disparaging the efforts of our athletes and highlighting every failure of Americans in the Olympics? Seems to me if they wanted to be consistent with their treatment of our military's efforts, they would be over there proclaiming failure in Italy, just like they are in Iraq. TJ

This is a classic post by TJ which shows his crowd's thinking. To quote his hero, Dubya, "wit us or agin us". According to his loyal follower, TJ, who really should stick to spread sheets and avoid complications like politics, if you don't support Bush on the war, then you hate America and you hate everything about it, including a cute little teenage ice skater, just because she is an American.

This type of simplistic thinking leads to the conclusion that the now majority of Americans, who oppose Bush's war ,are traitors.

20. giddyup

What are there... 26 Million Iraqis?

It's no surprise that opinions change and resolve crumbles when the going gets tough...

"Non-existent" WMDs? Now that's bold!